What did you get in the mail, 2022?

I agree, the Kommune is a good alternative to a Panorama and some similar organics. I wish mine had the engraving on it. It would also be sweet if it could take a slim bearing, but you can’t have everything.

2 Likes

Motion Yoyos Perpetual in Infurious Red!

25 Likes

Perpetual by Motion Yoyos in Glistening Amethyst and Infurious Red.
I’m already happy I bought two, all the colours are amazing and vibrant, and I am not going to want to risk not having one in the future.
perpetual_double_shot

26 Likes

Love seeing these maildays - thanks for picking them up!!

4 Likes

That HDPE ‘KNack’ was from a time when I was experimenting with the KNack design in HDPE.

This is a KNick-KNack, it’s made of polycarbonate:

Kyle Nations takes the KNick-KNack pretty much everywhere and throws it all the time. We talked about releasing it, butI just can’t justify making a run of them because they take so darn long to make. There’s only a few of the glossy ones.

The KNack does predate the Bloodcell, you are correct.

35 Likes

Wanted one of these since they came out because the original Genesis was the only yoyo i used for almost 2 years.

YYF Titanium Genesis

34 Likes

Genesis is such a good yoyo.

What kind is that? NM Ti Genesis

I had a maple drip Peak I traded for a Purple rain Genesis ten years ago. That’s how awesome the Genesis is.

7 Likes

Bro… I love you man but :flushed::flushed::flushed::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I still have my old USA Blue/Silver splash Genesis as well…

Excuse the bad photo

Definitely prefer it to an OG Peak play-wise if I’m being completely honest. Still holds up to modern yoyos. Couple dings and its still smoooooth.

16 Likes

I’d love to get my hands on an apocalypse edition alu Genesis, but they seem to be quite rare.

4 Likes

Dark Galaxy Arcade. Sold my first Arcade a while back and always regretted it, and after selling a bunch of throws lately it seemed like the right time to snag another. Was super stoked to find this colorway, the galaxy acidwash looks way more “wash” than “splatter” this time around, and the finish feels like a chalkier blast than my first one. I love the Arcade, and I’m really happy I looked when I did.

29 Likes

My memory sucks but he might have tossed in a b grade Hatrick, lol

4 Likes

Looking through legacy yoyo trades is funny. Without the heavily shifted secondary market prices and collector interest for some yoyos now, it’s really funny to see what was being traded for what.

I saw somebody struggle to trade a Woolly Marmot for a C3 Krown, which is kind of hilarious with the modern perspective of the Krown being a budget yoyo. I’d imagine a Peak for a Genesis and Hatrick back then had @kretzschmar feeling like he made out like a bandit.

8 Likes

That it did @mable, that it did. Worth it still as it ignited my passion for General Yo.

I got this bad boy today from @Glenacius_K (I’d like to thank you, you are a master of your art, and the Button is beautiful.)

I’m sure I’ll have a write up of it sometime soonish.

It’s a wooden unresponsive made from purple heart. I cannot wait to see it purple over time as it patinas.

Big shout out to @Grunt on the End 2 as well

31 Likes

damn beautiful mail day!

2 Likes

That button is beautiful. I’ve only been able to get a blood cell from glen so far. How does the button play??

1 Like

My fixed axle days were long ago so I am rusty.

I felt the need to preface it with that, lol.

I can split the atom on it, probably the hardest fixed axle trick I can do, and I can Regen at the end so as to do it over and over and over again. It feels natural, if that makes sense, and extremely satisfying. I forgot how challenging fixed axle play is, but it’s very rewarding.

The fact that the response is those 4 holes on each side is just bananas, coolest idea ever and it works.

I might get ■■■■ for this, but my only other fixie is a 20ehteen, and that thing rocks, but I’d trade it for a Button (even though I’ve only had the Button for a short while.). I will say it’s close though, much respect to both manufacturers.

5 Likes

What puts the button above the eh for you?

1 Like

Best aMAYzing deal by far

21 Likes

I have a couple of pockehts, and they do rock. Lots of power to them. But my blood cell has a really nice snappiness to it, I put some chapstick on my string for all my wood fixies and I’d say that the bond seems to happen instantly with the blood cell. One of the pockehts still took a bit of time to become responsive and reliable. I also think I prefer single piece design of Spinworthy’s. Opposite to tmbrs take apart axles. While beautifully crafted. I always have to make sure I don’t have a half go flying. I’d rather not think about that

2 Likes