What did you get in the mail, 2022?

Just a couple of throws for the local Yoyomeet I’ve been organising.

Hoping I can get some people started in the Yoyo hobby and hopefully get a local club/monthly meet going or something.

43 Likes

25 Likes

This is so cool

7 Likes

One more box to come…Man…I sure hope people will actually want to play. But worst case I don’t sell any, but do get to spend time with some fellow throwers in the park showing off some of our tricks.

So no way to lose really.

10 Likes

I believe this is a fantastic idea

after 4 years searching for this <3

39 Likes

It’s definitely a great idea making a Yoyo club in your area !!! It’s a good thing that you are prepared, many people these days show real interest in yoyoing, and trust me your efforts will not be unnoticed :wink:

4 Likes

I hope so. I’ve been spreading flyers, sharing stuff on FB, even talked to a local bar next to the park so we can use the restroom there.

Booked the space with the city, invited a bunch of throwers from all over the country. It’s just the first time I’ve done this. So I’m a touch nervous about it. But it should be a fun day in any case.

20 Likes

For some reason I thought you were in Ontario, Canada but it appears you aren’t. This sounds super fun! Hope you guys have a great time and that it’s a huge success! :yo-yo:

1 Like

Ha, no not even close. But thanks for sending good vibes my way?

2 Likes

Lol, dad brain…

I’ve got #43

Great score there. It’s a sweet, classic throw.

Glad you found it. Looks pretty clean.

Join the nation!

:grin:

kgb

30 Likes

Thesis Invictus

29 Likes

Nice. I hope someone likes it. What town are you doing it in?

2 Likes

Smaller city called Oss which is my hometown.

2 Likes

Super cool mystery box mail day from Augie Fash.

Small bearing Duncan Metal Freehand One

1st run C3yoyodesigns Electric Flash

OG Moonshine

3 clear dice and some spare caps

He included a few other throws but the landscaping dudes saw me throwing and took an interest so I payed it forward.

Also want to note, Augie is a really cool person.

26 Likes

Finally got my hands on the 50/50 and it really is love at first throw. I’m really shocked at how this thing plays, its simultaneously not what I expected and everything I expected at the same time.

Its as bouncy and agile as I expected, but way more stable and powerful than I expected. It feels wide on the string, but not overly wide, it also feels much larger in the hand.

It all adds up to a super familiar, yet very foreign play experience that is pure fun and I’m loving every minute of it.

(Photo of Icarus for scale, my biggest organic at 55x45.9)

33 Likes

Wow, that’s a sweet mail day. Old C3 stuff is awesome, and that single lime green cap is actually taken off a pre-production Freehand Pro which makes it even cooler.

Karma benefits those who are humble, and I’d like to think you were rewarded for hooking those landscaping dudes up with some yoyos.

8 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, it was fun yoyoing with the landscaping dudes and showing them what has changed since the nineties boom. One of the dudes was rocking the baby and walking the dog in no time with the Yeti 2.0.

Super cool to hear about the caps, I have the other matching ones not pictured. If I can get the silver caps off I’ll put the green ones in, I think it would look nice with the black and bright green.

5 Likes

Diorama from last week’s drop and a couple from YYE that I felt the need for. And the aMAYzing box hasn’t even gotten here yet. #cantstopwontstopprobablyshouldstop

25 Likes