What did you get in the mail, 2022?

so, it is an older version that has been re-anodized … maybe @crackout can help us understand

https://ilyy.de/yoyos/mary

1 Like

in those years it was the dream of many children! :wink:

2 Likes

Apologies, the Special #1 entry on the website was faulty. I corrected the specs:

https://ilyy.de/yoyos/mary

@aszyd, it seems you have the 2009 Mary (Special #1 edition) that was halfswapped to full blue.
It is also possible that we sold all-blue ones. Back then, anodization and general performance was hit or miss, so especially bi-color runs required extensive permutation and sometimes resulted in two remaining halves of the same color.

That said, there was also an early Mary in blue (which is not covered on the website as I - to this day - have not been able to track down the precise numbers). We had some of the initial Wasabi/Mary run in 2008 anodized grey and blue:

These, however, were smaller in diameter and lighter. Judging from the dimensions and weight you gave, your Mary is definitely a 2009 version in the special colorway.

28 Likes

actually, a 46mm wide Mary seemed very strange to me, but I never had one.
Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Received my package from Buzz today, generous as he is he threw in extra green and white strings and an skyline 3 string :heart: MCMO and Parlay

33 Likes

So far i like the 2Evil just the tiniest bit more than the prime8 but that’s because i haven’t used an organic throw in awhile

3 Likes

Oh no? That’s cool then! I hope you grow to love them both. I actually got the same combo, as you. 2Evil from the drop and a Prime8 on the preorder.

4 Likes

OneDrop VTwo came in the mail yesterday. Couldn’t help but bring it in to work today!!

38 Likes

Furn;)
Thanks @EnilLord!

31 Likes

Let’s go!!! The Diorama has arrived!!!

38 Likes

Diorama and 2Evil. MFD yoyos are so unique and smooth.

Monkey Barrel is an awesome counterweight also. I have it with one of the weights in, and it’s about 11.7 grams. The holes seem to slow it down a bit which is taking some getting used to from me. Other wise super comfortable and easy to put on.

I also got a new deskmat from a group buy I entered last April.

25 Likes

Oh, hi! Funny to see the discussion of the posted Mary specs. I was confused by it earlier this week because I was getting this…

Just arrived 2d ago.

Of course I understood the specs must’ve been a typo on the website. :crazy_face:

Edit: Cc @aszyd @persson :wink:

21 Likes

enjoy it!

3 Likes

That’s so SE YWET :heart_eyes:

:yo-yo: :wilted_flower: :cut_of_meat: :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Love that VTwo. Definitely one of my favorite throws I own.

4 Likes

I think mine was a cheaper model. Mine had a older style remote if I remember correctly

4 Likes

I don’t know how much it could cost at the time but it was one of the most expensive Nikko’s proposals (GIG was the Italian importer, one of the 3-4 most important toy companies at the time) … and certainly it was a lot of money , I just remember that I had to beg my parents for almost a whole year! what patience to be parents !!! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I took off the little rattling things which made it much better to play but I don’t like the look of this big hole on top. I wish I could cleanly permanently attach them. Any idea’s?

13 Likes

One drop Diorama.

28 Likes

Epoxy.

4 Likes