What did you get in the mail, 2022?

My kanto came in today !!! And I gotta say I’ve never played with a more smoother yo-yo in my life both to the touch and play wise. my head almost exploded by how nice this yo-yo plays :exploding_head::exploding_head: it’s that good !!! 11/10 when it comes to performance. Congrats to the dd team for whipping out this AWESOME throw and I couldn’t be happier :grin: I am DEFINITELY a dd fan now

30 Likes

Got the Bolt! Went directly through Doc and got the disassembled model. It’s definitely a winner, he did an amazing job.

27 Likes

Inception and Kanto. Two really different bimetals. Looking forward to using them a bit more.

31 Likes

Nice! How do you like it?

2 Likes

They are a great throw, especially for the money.

3 Likes

Honestly, I haven’t thrown it that much yet. I bought it for 0A tricks, but, even with the white friction stickers installed, it’s not responsive enough for my liking. I blame it on the 62.6g weight. I don’t like that it has a delay in between tug and response. The delay is very short, but still present. I haven’t tried it without the friction stickers because I’m not that interested in semi responsive play. Perhaps the Bumblebee is more suited for responsive 1A. There’s also a good chance that the Mk1/Spinworthy RBC has spoiled me, but my first impressions aren’t all that positive.

9 Likes

I hope they do another drop then, it looks dope

5 Likes

This has bee(n) one of the best mail days in recent memory! Here’s one of my old Bumble Bees next to my new Bumble Bee :grinning:

The Kanto came in as well, but I have to spread out the joy and refrain from opening everything on the same day. Gotta do my best to save some serotonin for later!

28 Likes

I have to say I was debating on doing that. Good willpower.

3 Likes

Basilisk, I’ve wanted this yoyo since 2013

27 Likes

i had the same reaction. i also have been spoiled by the RBC, El Mijo and a Respawn Lite recently. So, my expectations were pretty high. I wasn’t expecting it to be as responsive as those but something closer to a Deep State maybe.
i got advice from @mable and @Fun_Dad69 to grease the bearing. i de-shielded and put some Park Tools bike lube inside. put the shield back on and it’s a lot better. still not great, but a lot better.
i’ll probably do the shield again and pack more grease in there. Or try a heavier grease in a different bearing.
i don’t have the stickers in there, didn’t like the way they went on.
i think a half spec bearing work better in this. no stickers would be needed. That may be the way to go if it’s available.

kgb

4 Likes

Got a new half-swap YYF Sugar…

Not gonna lie, at first I thought the weight was way too much, but after an hour or so of play, I’m loving the ability this thing has to re-balance itself on the string if it starts to tip sideways.

Enjoying it more and more as I throw more complicated tricks at it…

18 Likes

Im thinking of getting one, would you recommend it?

1 Like

At this point I’m liking it. It’s not the fastest throw, or the most agile, but it powers through anything i can hit it with, relentlessly.

As an analogy, I would say its like an '80’s Chevy Pickup Truck. Solid on power, there’s enough torque there when you need it, bit heavy in the corners. You’re not gonna win any drag races unless you really push it, but you wont be left stranded either.

Definitely a solid throw, for under $50.

1 Like

Size A bearings are 5x10x4 mm, I just searched 5x10x3 bearing and found options, that would be a way to squeeze the gap to about 2.75mm which is a fairly ideal gap size for A-bearing responsive imo

2 Likes

Link Gamer, set it up unresponsive

23 Likes

That was me learning to throw a Koma Japanese top. I’ve gotten a couple decent throws on hardwood and it’ll spin over 2 minutes!

3 Likes

That butterfly is sooo nice :+1:

1 Like

My inception is still MIA. :weary: according to tracking it hasn’t moved in 4 days. I really hope it makes it home.

3 Likes

It will show up. When i bought my RBC it left Mass. And the tracking said it was in transit. It said this for 3 weeks until one day it showed that it was iut for delivery.

2 Likes