What did you get in the mail, 2022?

@Mattwilkes84 and I were chatting and he heard my daughter wanted a Godspeed.

And this showed up in the mail for her today. She is ecstatic. Thank you Matt from the both of us.

27 Likes

Received my unknown inception today. #25of25 I like it.

7 Likes

@hobbygod Spooky Kanto
Unknown 2Sick Crusade from @mable along with some candy.

Candy was delicious, but I can’t touch the other two til March! Gahhh!

25 Likes

Kanto and Bumble Bee came today.

The Kanto is a sweet little (mostly) organic throw. Plays light. Very well made. I like it.

I’m not sold on the Bumble Bee.

It’s very well made. Spins smooth. Good weight. Feels nice in the hand. Looks great.
I feel like they missed on the response though. Out of the box, it’s unresponsive. I did manage to get the string to catch a few times with a big tug, allowing the throw to kind of float. Not predictable and not responsive. They do include the pads. Putting one pad on didn’t do much. Both pads did add response but it still took a big tug and didn’t respond as predictably as other responsive throws I’ve picked up lately (the description on the site bills this as a “completely responsive” throw while YYE categorizes it as unresponsive). The stickers feel like an after thought to me. Putting them on over the existing response feels clumsy. You can feel the response pad under the sticker, so it’s not a flat surface. Does Duncan make a half-spec bearing / short shaft like the El Mijo has? I think that would work great in this. Otherwise, it plays as a slim line unresponsive.

I want to like it, it’s a really well made throw and looks great. I’ll keep messing with the response. Maybe it will be better after it breaks in.

kgb

21 Likes

I’ll take your Kanto until you can play ;]

3 Likes

I hate hearing that. Do you have some thick lube to see if that’ll do the trick? I think you’re right though, a half spec is likely the way

3 Likes

Any more remarks about the Kanto? I’m curious about that one, planning on buying one when I can find it. Bimetal construction seems to fly in the face of what slim organics are typically all about.

2 Likes

Has anyone received any FedEx packages from YYE recently? More specifically, packages routed through their Memphis, TN facility?

1 Like

I’m slated to get one tomorrow.

1 Like

Grease that bearing, bby

6 Likes

It’s got an A sized bearing so just pack that sucker up with some grease and it’ll snap back to your hand instantly.

5 Likes

Why not :frowning:

Hope you enjoy!!

1 Like

It’s meant to be challenging in play from the shape, but help you out in the spin time department. Also it’s light so it’s easy to move around.

2 Likes

Will do.

What do you use for that?

I think the only lube i have is some YYJ thin. I typically play unresponsive and run my bearings dry.

Thanks
kgb

1 Like

Out of ordinary. How does it play?

2 Likes

It’s February. No bearings allowed.

3 Likes

Thanks to @djinni_cake, a new to me This-a-way, That-a-way.

17 Likes

I personally use Park Tools bicycle grease or Super Lube. Anything will do in a pinch though

4 Likes

Ok

Thanks!

kgb

1 Like

Mailday round 2. :grimacing::star_struck::face_exhaling::money_with_wings:
Looks like Ramens back on the menu boys! :ramen::sweat_smile:

30 Likes