What bimetal has the most steel on the rims?

Just looking at yoyo selections and saw the YYF Beyond which might have the most steel I’ve ever seen on a bimetal. The Hydrogen Crash is also very high in steel content. What bimetal has the largest amount of stainless that you know of?

1 Like

Topyo the Top EX has the most steel on a bi-Metal throw by a longshot. The alloy body is so tiny with nothing but steel rims

4 Likes

Ah yes the 90% rim yoyo. That indeed is a lot of steel

1 Like

At this point its not really a rim anymore. Most of the body is steel with an aluminum hub. The Edge Beyond was definitely the first one that I ever saw to really push the entire rim to steel. It is a very unique yoyo, a treasured throw in my collection.

1 Like

Klondike seems to be the largest ATM.

1 Like

I’d say ace yo mercy 6. but they say everything is good it moderation. The mercy vibes like crazy.

1 Like

gram wise probably shutter evo (20 gram per ss rim i believe)

3 Likes

Heaviest overall steel rings, heaviest steel rings proportional to the body, or widest looking steel rims ignoring the actual weight?

You’d get three different answers.

Things to consider would be the outlier designs like the TP Seraph (76g MG/SS bimetal), LEX Martian (7068/PC/SS trimaterial with insane 0.5mm thick 7068 walls being reinforced by PC), or just generic super big/heavy bimetals/hybrids like the Sengoku Masamaxx or C3 Mega Crash.

Would just be guessing at any actual answer unless somebody had access to the CAD files or just ripped the rims off their yoyos.

Edit: It’s also worth noting just for OP that the YYF (Edge) Beyond has a hollow space inbetween the steel rims and the AL body. It’s not a solid steel rim. Rims can be deceptive in their appearance. Fractal and Pragma also use that hollow space design. And L shaped rim fits like YYR puts on the Anomaly/Autoscopy/etc can give the appearance of thicker rims if you don’t know what you’re looking at.

2 Likes

best one i’ve got is this TP mg+ss proto:

5 Likes

yes, that is correct

I’d have to say the YYF Evo, YYF Will, and fetesnice bimetal on amazon

fyi the beyond doesn’t have a hollow space inside the rim. The edge infinity does though.

source: I hammered the rims out on both of them.

2 Likes

oh, oops, I got my edge models mixed up. But yeah the only reason I knew that was because of your photo LOL

That’s fair / then how about something from our lineup

Accelerated was 63.4 grams and 20.90 per side on the bi/metal rims

Centrifugal while being very rim weighted actually doesn’t have a rim to weight ratio as much as Accelerated but looks larger

1 Like

I do not know the weight of the rings on a BiND I thought it was 2 metals on the rims brass and steel I think? I am not sure but it is a heavy hitter.

1 Like

Yassss mega crash!

Nah bro literally motions have more weight behind them
Like the accelerated I think is 41 or something

1 Like

wow which proto is this? how does this play?

1 Like

Ziz shape, but MGSS.

Plays great, bit too undersized for my tastes but very good nonetheless.

1 Like

The accelerated sometimes feels like you’re playing with magic floating rings. It’s awesome. So much rim weight.

2 Likes