What are you throwing today?

@DocPop Bolt 2 and Zipline Skyline III in white

14 Likes

Great idea! I may have to try this!

3 Likes

If you end up trying it I recommend using enough string to cradle it from more than two points. The wind is your biggest enemy and the less the yo-yo can move around the better off you’ll be.

2 Likes

These are night and day from each other

13 Likes

15 Likes

I see a lot of super nice yoyos, great pictures as well, makes me wonder about another related thing: what about the strings?? Does the strings make super difference on the play? Read about strings that can last 6months to 1 year… That’s a thing, isn’t it? Please share your toughts :grin:

5 Likes

I did not think strings made a difference when I started. Most of us are as finicky about what string (brand, thickness, etc.) as we are with yoyo shapes / specs.

6 Likes

Yes.

Airetic.

6 Likes

Lifespan of Airetics is up there. IMO Bad Wolfe Co. Sliccs age even better and last longer after a bit more of a break-in period.

8 Likes

I may have to give em a try. Which of the Bad Wolf types is closest the Airetic Standards? Slims are not my favorite. I likes em thiccc.

3 Likes

Goldilocks (reg) are fairly close to Air regs (perhaps between Air regs and slims). His dummy thiccs are super fat. Might be worth picking up some of those to stretch out. I am messing with that now.

4 Likes

Today I’m playing what appears to be a misunderstood throw according to this What is the worst yoyo you own? thread. This one is a bit confusing hense the name Confusion GT. This is one I copped at first drop and has been an EDC for a couple of years now. If you like pocket ability, snappy regens and tight binds these are a lot of fun. If you are a “I have a strong throw guy”, every trick you do requires multiple string layer wraps and your belt loop Yo-Yo holster is your daily dangling flare, you might not get it, and that’s OK. We can still all have a Trick Circle together. @yyfben2.deactivated thanks for keeping things fun.

14 Likes

Do you play it unresponsive? I’ve always kept mine responsive.

1 Like

I play it unresponsive with a KK small bearing, the supplied white slim pads and regular or slim strings. The orange thick pads take along time to break in and are really responsive, they play better on the 1st Confusion IMO.

The funnest thing the Confusion GT can do is bind with the smallest of tails.

6 Likes

I’m glad you like it :heart: I appreciate it :heart:

2 Likes

Interesting. I didn’t realize KK bearings came in size A, and of course now that I know they do, I see that they are sold out. :disappointed:

5 Likes

The Center Trac small A bearing is also a good bearing option, I have one in my Independent V2. But were sold out a couple years back, looks like they are back in stock

4 Likes

Thanks for the love, bud!

3 Likes

I’m checking it now… Maybe I have the opportunity to try it!

2 Likes

Code 2 GZR @JEA86

19 Likes