What are you throwing 2024?

Saturday afternoon Joyride :sunglasses:
I have been LOVING the black throw on a black string and this little guy plays like a dream. Thanks, @sammy_j !

19 Likes

I was in the same boat with Kitty. Just had a ton of it stocked up. Once you realize ZS air last for months, it’s worth it. Cheaper in the end and such a smooth ride. When they get dirty, a simple hand washing with some soap brings them right back to life. They are a must try as I’m guessing you’ll be a convert. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright @Yodaddyo and @Shwa , you’ve convinced me. Doesn’t take a lot lol. Just ordered some Skyline III, ZS.Air, and EP. 20/20.

6 Likes

You won’t regret it. :grin::+1:

Dang… I use the same kitty string for several months at a time… I guess I just don’t like being wasteful?

5 Likes

String is consumable. Replace as needed and often.

Try winding it up like an Offstring and do a pull start that you release and land in your palm like this.

2 Likes

Dune. Here’s to hoping some good video will be posted of the yoyoers at the Faye Webster show.

22 Likes

No power. Losing water tomorrow. Still throwing. Check on your friends that may be affected by the hurricane. This is unprecedented damage for some of us.

34 Likes

The wood looks safe so there’s that

7 Likes

Protect the wood at all costs!

7 Likes

in my experience EP20/20 doesn’t last as long as SL3 or ZSAir, its a higher poly blend that frays fairly quickly. I really enjoyed the way it played, and it never got snaggy though.

ZSAir is literally a marathon string. it just doesnt age lol.

3 Likes

On a serious note if anyone needs short term assistance in these hard times or just a shoulder to yell into the void about what’s happened please reach out. In today’s economy we are all a bit stretched as it is and a disaster like this while hopefully eventually helped with by insurance and various aid and such its still detrimental in the short term.

8 Likes

that sucks I’m so sorry to hear that! hang in there and stay safe

4 Likes

Really been digging the bimetal Kodiak recently.

24 Likes

More side-effects swaps.

Before:

After (Decided to do a little color matching):

And when finding my previous post to reply, i realized i missed the Kamuraiju.

30 Likes

:nine::a: that’s where it’s at for me right now.

21 Likes

A Hummingbird in Tarifa

19 Likes

Great photo!

1 Like

I also use bulk strings for a long time and think some people really just prefer fresh string and that’s totally fine. How long you use string is just preference really. I change when threads pop or it looks just too nasty to use anymore. I notice the life cycle is kinda like string is fresh and bouncier, then it frays and starts to break in, then it’s broken in where all the fraying gets matted down back onto the string and it’s less bouncy but plays consistent. Usually I’ll use bulk like Original Throw for like a month ish and prefer the last broken in stage the best.

2 Likes