What are you throwing 2024?

I play my Sudo with skylineIII :3

2 Likes

Have you tried the thinner variations? Same formula as Cumulus Foam but “regular” and “thin” thicknesses.

I ordered the thinnest pictured here as “tech thin” Cirrus Foam. There is also a “thin” Cumulus Foam, which I am pretty sure is the same. “Regular” Cumulus Foam is Cirrus Foam and “thick” Cirrus Foam is Cumulus Foam. :thinking:

9 Likes

nice! I’ve got some otw to try out. i had a proto one but i kinda got grease all over it and threw it away before i got to try it out fully

zs air is hard to beat but i wanna try the polyesque cuz it’s still zipline soft but i was curious if it’d make slacks and whips a bit slower and easier

4 Likes

I find the polyesque slacks are slower and easier, more like poly than the mach speed of the zsair :saluting_face:

6 Likes

I imagine polyesque is right in that sweet spot for you.

I wonder how similar polyesque is to prestige. I love prestige for my responsives and I’m super sad it’s not being made anymore. I’m hoping polyesque can fill that gap.

Although, prestige was just slightly more affordable since they came in 5 packs.

Might just transition my responsive throws to alphaline. It seems to work pretty well.

2 Likes

Ohh no I have not tried any of those except the regular one. I’ll have to give it a try. I’m finding that I prefer a more normal or thin string generally for unresponsive.

Big brain! :raised_hands:t3: :joy:

I jest, obviously.

People can have their preferences and they don’t have to match mine.

Unless they want to be big brains too, of course.

3 Likes

Cumulus/Cirrus aren’t my taste, but I am a big fan of the thinnest versions of Dragon/Draken and Night Moves (and Night Dragon).

The different thickness has some effect on play, probably inevitable due to the weight and width, but the hand feel, stretch, durability and other properties are pretty true to each formula.

3 Likes

Oh, me too! I mean… I do wrap skylineIIIs around anything, but I dig on other stuff, too!

Big fan of some of Markmont’s new blends and Todd’s fades :grin:

3 Likes

Just say you’re too lazy to change pads or use silicone. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The only reason I stick to Kitty Fat usually is because it’s so easy to get. I’d order some skyline, but it would get pricy to bulk up on. If YYE stocked it I would probably just throw some Zipline in the cart every time I order something.

3 Likes

Hahaha! You got me!

I have a fresh tube of ultra grey and every spare pad I ever bought, still. As well as a growing pile of yoyos that need siliconed (some really nice ones too, poor things. Just sitting there, unplayable)

I’m waiting for the wind to blow just right. On that day, I will silicone them all.:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Fair enough. I used kitty fat and xl for my first couple years back into it, but then I realized skyline was a cheat code for hooks and slacks. I got stuck on it for that, then, when I tried to go back to kitty, it felt like sandpaper.

Truth be told, I just play skyline cuz everything else hurts my fingys :sob:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I need to try some Markmont strings. I tried some blue eyes white dragon and wasn’t much of a fan but, I think it was the old formula. It was a very long time ago (3 years I think).

I do be loving me some foxtails though.

2 Likes

they last so very long, i play 1 maybe 2 per month. each restock i buy a couple packs so around 6 strings. so every month it’s buy 6 play 2, 4 go to stock. amass over time and conquer :muscle:

4 Likes

30 Likes

Chonky DIY

21 Likes

Do it! I admit I really disliked Markmont’s strings the first time I tried them.

I went back and tried them again after a year or so and found I really did like some of them, especially for certain yoyo/bearing combos.

3 Likes

It’s just been this all day.

25 Likes

Tangyan

16 Likes