What are you currently listening to?

Been on loop since Halloween lol. Haters gonna hate, but I’m all about it.

5 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

I just love this thread. Everytime I come here I listen to good stuff and most of the times learn about bands that I didnt know.

4 Likes

Time to share something:

4 Likes

Kind of reminds me of The Postal Service without the singing :+1:

Oldie but a goodie -

4 Likes

Big Thile fan here - I guess it goes with being a mandolin player. My personal favorite and mandolin hero is Don Stiernberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N7yliPn0HU

3 Likes

lucinda williams sweet old world (full album)

4 Likes

Don is great as well, I just lean more toward traditional Bluegrass, and bluegrass’ish when it comes to mandolin :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m something of a unicorn - a mandolin player who is NOT a bluegrasser. Fortunately there are a few of us around - I just wish I could find some nearby to jam with. Now that I’m retired I’ve got all kinds of time to play, and not so much fun practicing at home all the time.

3 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddrO3EkQrpY

Anyone listen to country? Always love some Colter Wall

5 Likes

Definitely! I like some Colter Wall. Mostly “old” country for me. Big Hank Sr. fan. As far as new stuff I like Chris Stapleton, some Sturgill Simpson and some others I can’t think of right now :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes. Tend to like the older stuff like Guy Clark, Don Williams, Emmylou Harris, Ed Bruce, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe (in small doses).

4 Likes

A repeat. And a reminder that Nashville wasn’t all bad.

1 Like

@jhb8426 @AaronW yea I love a lot of those artists y’all posted, and I’ll check out the ones I don’t know! I definitely prefer older stuff, or those new guys that have that old soul in their music

2 Likes

Definitely check out Jason Isbell. Phenomenal songwriter with a great band.

2 Likes

He is a guy that I’ve tried so hard to get into. Love his music, love his playing, but his songs/lyrics loose me though. They seem to just drag on.

1 Like

Another repeat, but it fits imho.

2 Likes

One of my favorite old country songs.

4 Likes

Great recommendation; thanks! If you haven’t you should check out “Gems on VHS” on YouTube. They do a lot of live takes in a similar style to that one you shared. Many are quite good

2 Likes