What are tricks that you don't know that you definitely should know by now?

Kwijibo the last hop my brain can’t comprehend. I can catch it in sub mount, trapeze and a brother but can’t get a stupid double or nothing

2 Likes

Seasick and Spirit Bomb. Its been 2.5 yrs I still cant learn those for some reason

5 Likes

Beefhook and boing e boing. I can boing, but I can’t boing e boing. That motion is just lost on me until someone can physically show me in person lol. Beefhook is silly because it’s like can you stop being difficult and just loop and land around my finger please?

2 Likes

UFO is the one I just moved on from after going unresponsive. Current tho was said above. Magic drop and shockwave. Any other trick I would be somewhat getting the hang of by now. It seems like such a simple concept but I just can’t consistently make it happen.

1 Like

Yuuki Slack :smiling_face_with_tear: I can do pretty “advanced” combos,slacks,whips, rejections, hooks (mastered Beefhook , and can do up to 2.5 hook) … I even incorporate Yuuki Slackish elements into some of the combos I do BUT I can’t do a Legitimate Yuuki Slack , and I have no idea why :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

mind you… I never really put in the work to learn it :joy: I have a bad Habit of moving on from learning a trick if I don’t get it consistently in a 15 min practice session :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

With magic drop, make a pistol shape with your throw hand and keep that thumb pointing straight up throughout the trick. Don’t let it tilt to the side as the yoyo rolls around your throw hand. Lock in that pistol shape and the string will pop right out the side like it’s supposed to.

1 Like

Boing e boing is one of those tricks that feels impossible until you get the motion right, and once you do, it seems so effortless.

Start with a split bottom mount. Roll forward like you are going into atom bomb. Stop. Then roll backwards into a split bottom mount. Stop. Keep going back and forth between these two very slowly making each movement precise. Only once you get this muscle memory dialed in should you try to pick up the speed. Because once the muscle memory kicks in you can start to go faster and the trick will then kinda do itself.

4 Likes

I learned boing e boing by practicing with no Yoyo. Just TH over NTH and Th just goes up and down like you’re shaking ketchup from a glass ketchup bottle to get the right movement.

2 Likes

That part I actually have the hang of. For the most part. Getting the string to reject. My problem is still trying to find a way to land on the correct string and not both of them. I’ve tried pointing my nth finger down and out. The best way I’ve found is separating the strings with my nth thumb but it feels more awkward and I’d like to learn with just pointing my finger away. So repeating will b smoother.

1 Like