What are the essentials yoyo tricks I need to know

Yoyoing should be about fun, if you can’t do every thing right it doesn’t matter too much as long as your having fun.

1 Like

So when im screwing the two halves together I should keep the two halves of the yoyo the same angle right

2 Likes

https://yoyoexpert.com/learn/413-maintenance-over-tightening.php

1 Like

Yep and try maybe rotating the halves a rotation until it screws naturally.

I get how you feel tbh.

4 Likes

So my yoyo is working perfectly fine and nothing seems wrong.do you think I’m fine and I shouldn’t worry?

1 Like

Nope! Just keep an eye out for little slivers of metal that means it’s stripping.:smile:

So I should open my yoyo to check or what

1 Like

I’m right there with you. At a certain point you wonder how some stuff isn’t just obvious to some people, or how they haven’t accessed resources on their own.

3 Likes

No just like keep an eye out the next couple weeks.

1 Like

So if I just keep like yoyoing normally and not tampering with it at all and the tightness of the two yoyo halves is perfect there will be no issues if I’m correct right

2 Likes

Yeah. Using your yoyo normally will not break it at all. No extreme measures needed to take care of a yoyo, just be careful when taking it apart and putting it together again.

3 Likes

I never attach the string to my finger and whenever I throw my yoyo it comes flying out of my hand and hits whatever is in the way. What am I doing wrong?

6 Likes

It’s best to avoid unscrewing/re-screwing as much as possible to avoid stripping the threads.

Essential beginner unresponsive tricks other than bind, trapeze, and the throw itself:

1. advanced knot-picking. paperclips and toothpicks work fine, just be gentle and patient. this is how you avoid stripping your yoyo from unscrewing it all the time.

2. thumb start or snap start. so you don’t have to keep hand-winding the string onto the yoyo after failing to return it.

1 Like

Hey man,

As a noob myself, I totally relate to how overwhelming this hobby might be for someone just starting so I am sympathetic and I understand how even little things like changing a bearing can throw up a lot of questions.

But it would be a good idea to try and use the search tool both on here, and on google as the internet already has a wealth of information and for anything else this forum is great for helping out.
One thing I have noticed though, is if you have not put in any effort yourself beforehand, or ask the same thing over and over again with new topics each time, then there is little patience for this after multiple warnings for the same problems.

It might also be worth pointing out that you were asking people to send you free yoyos for “review” when it seems you are still in need to learn how to open and close one.

I see that you seem to like the word “BEST” quite a bit, with your recent threads you started with topics like “Best metal yoyo”, “Best yoyo”, “Best metal yoyo under $25”, Need help picking a best yoyo" " Need Topyo yoyos" “Metalhead vs Serenity” etc

I think a lot of people gave you some kind advice, and in the end, you seemed to have disregarded all of them and went for a variant.
Which in itself is not an issue at all as you should do you, and get what makes you feel the happiest. But you can probably see why most people have now written you off as a potential waste of time.

However, I am going to give this one more go, and recommend you some of the essentail yoyo tricks that you should learn in this exact order that will maximise your enjoyment over the future of your hobby and I can promise all of these will stay relevant, unlike say rock the baby which you might never do again.

I’ll post all the videos below for ease of viewing so that you have it all in one place.

although I still can’t grasp how you expect people to send you yoyos to review when you…hm unless it’s a bit of a scam? :slight_smile:

Please learn in this exact order and then you will be on your way to be an expert in no time :slight_smile:

Peace :v:

5 Likes

I’ve even seen rock the baby employed in an advanced combo. Almost all of the classic tricks have uses all the way to the top levels of yoyoing. Every element you learn opens up new opportunities.

4 Likes

That’s disgusting. Especially the part where you ask for yoyos before disclosing you literally don’t know how to play.

Yep. That’s why some people were so defensive when replying to this thread.
This guy gave us a funny time over r/throwers when asking about agreeing on insulting him and about yoyo stores and then seemingly completely ignoring our suggestions and then asking about the consequences of it (won’t link it here since it mentions other stores that are not YYE).

5 Likes

Unless you are past it, Casual Yo-yo Tutorials gives a lot of information. The videos explore many of the mounts in good detail, so you can venture off on your own.

3 Likes

Judging by the questions :

I think we should start with the breakaway mount first, hence the exact order I selected for the videos he should watch and learn.

By the way for the record, sarcasm aside, the videos and the order I recommended was in 100% seriousness.

3 Likes

You have the patience of Job. Your reply with all the videos was thoughtful and informative. I hope the OP takes the recommendations to heart and, we can all welcome him as a forum friend.

3 Likes