Went a little YoYo crazy

So yesterday I stopped by my local kite shop who also was big into YoYos, they haven’t done much with them currently. I ended up getting a Duncan Sky Hawk as that was all that they had.

My only experience with YoYos was when I was a kid with a Duncan Imperial or a Butterfly, since I have an obsessive personality off to the internet I went. This is my first Unresponsive type, so I needed to learn how to bind.

Well one page led to the next and I was on my way down the rabbit hole so to speak.

I ended up ordering 5 more,

MAGICYOYO;

V3
N11
Y01 Node
T5 Overlord

Zero Gravity Return Tops;

El MiJo 7075

My plan is to start with the V3 and El MiJo as they are responsive a the convert to Unresponsive as I gain more experience.

Wish me luck.

Hojo

21 Likes

I’m a little jealous that you have a local shop that actually sells yoyos! No need to wish you luck as I’m sure you’re going to have a great time learning the ropes - or rather, the string!

Ivan

7 Likes

Congrats! One of the best kind of crazies you can have. You also already have an awesome yoyo name. Kudos!

3 Likes

Welcome to eternity! I just spent about 1k on about 13 yoyos. I think I need to tone it down… Maybe after the RBC drop this week.

4 Likes

Awesome! Welcome to the forums! (and maybe your new addiction)

Good on you for starting responsive as it really forces you to do tricks properly, especially tricks like Eli Hops.

4 Likes

Nice man. Some good throws you ordered. It’s a lot of fun…can get expensive though.

3 Likes

Yeah I probably spent about $700ish last month on some new throws, plus stings, lube, bearings. I keep telling myself “that’ll do” but then something new releases and has the specs I like…

2 Likes

What is the difference between the RBC that is on the YoYoExpert site and the one on MK1 site that is counting down?

The humble MYY Node is still one of my favorites of any I’ve owned.

1 Like

I think they’re releasing new colorways?

Colorways? Does that mean different colors?

Sorry for the noobi question

Color schemes. Could be splashes or fades or solid colors.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Yes red black and clear on this release

I just don’t want the Rhnull gold or yye colors.

@Hojo-YoYo El MiJo comes with a 5mm wide unresponsive bearing and a 10 mm axle installed. Just make sure to use the 8 mm axle (included) with the slim bearings. Enjoy and have fun!

1 Like

I asked about the RBC because I just ordered the YoYoExpert Edition (Red / Black Acid Wash).

I wanted to make sure I was getting the latest version.

2 Likes

I will watch out for this, thanks

As far as I know they didn’t update any specs… just more stock and colors.

2 Likes

This is correct. The new run is identical in specifications; there are two new colorways.

1 Like

I have the yye colourway. It looks really nice in person.