Weirdest thing that happened to you when yo-yoing

What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you when you were yo-yoing?

Some kid said “I dont have a dollar so heres an onion”
Btw he actually gave me and onion?
Weird

I was yoyoing in boston, alright. I was doing my thing when a bucket-drummer set up his stuff next to me and started playing. We exchanged greetings and continued to do our thing. About three minutes in a guy with a violin set up next to us and began to play as well.

We chilled for about 10 or so minutes before we parted; and we split the tips we got too.

Good times…

I was yoyoing, then got kneed in the woohoo’s and he walked away saying “THAT’S FOR BEING IMMATURE!”

I got slapped by a monkey at a zoo cuz the zookeeper had him out and I was yoyoing by them… I guess he doesnt like yoyoing…

I was throwin a Yomega Xodus (when I first got into throwin) and I walked the dog on my dads head and the yoyo rolled up the little hair my dad had lol! And he had short hair! Even to this day not all the hair has grown back! His head blead and all the hairs and hair pholicles were wound up in the responce and bearing of my yoyo. And that was like a year ago. XD

-James Reed

i was yoyoing on the street and some guy was staring at me while he was walking and then walked into a pole. lmfao

I was playing in the mall near a toy store then a woman left his child in font of me for a while…

Here’s the funny part!.. Before leaving…
She told her son: "Just wait there and watch the “YOYOMAN!”

Hahaha!!!

haha yeah… once i was yoyoing at the beach and some 7 year old came up to me and pelted me with a handful of dead jellyfish and screamed “WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO GOOD?!!” and ran away. :o

One time I was Yo-Yoing and this 10 year old girl was watching me. I was doing these crazy string tricks, but she didn’t really seem impressed. At one point I messed up and the Yo-Yo fell off the string. So I did a snap start, and she went “WHOAAAAAAH!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!”

And I’m thinking “Seriously??!?”

I know, not as weird as some of you guys’ stories (such as the Jellyfish throwing kid…) but to this day I don’t do snap starts in front of people =/

Well, once a few hundred times i was yoyoing at boy scout summer camp, one time in particular. I was yoyoing in front of the pool zone, there was a small crowd closing in on me constantly and i had to do boomerang multiple times to fend them off. When it was time the start the merit badge the instructer didn’t want to start because as he told the other instructer,
“I’m being distracted…”
You kinda had to be there. Outside of summer camp, the strangest thing was a girl who jumped on my back while yoyoing.

I was doing a yoyo show for a kids summer camp (kids from 5 to 9 years old) And at the end, lots of the kids came up to me and asked me questions. But there was this one kid who was about 7 years old it seemed that really caught me off guard.

Kid: Hey

Me: Hey, whatsup man! :slight_smile:

Kid: So, whats the point?

Me: Hm?

Kid: Whats point of this strange game that you play?

Me: Oh, its something fun, gives me something to do, brings Joy to myself and others. I love it.

Kid: I can see your point, but one must think, will an activity such as this that you do, lead to anything greater in life? What sort of opportunities can arise from spending valuable time working on mastering the new tricks. It doesn’t seem to be a very productive and logical thing to do with your time.

Me: Well, I don’t think I would make it a career, but there are some who make a bit from doing this thing, doing shows etc.

Kid: This may be so, but the number of opportunities must not be a great number.
Me: Ah, true. But still. I don’t do it for money, I do it for fun, and its not like its taking away from my school time. I do this in my free time.

Kid: I understand, I still fail to see why one would spend even their free time with such a monotonous activity when they could be doing greater things to benefit the world. But your life choice is your own. You choose your own path, and for that, You have my respect. Although we may not agree if the choice is wise.

Wow!

This kid was 7 ok. SEVEN!

What seven year old thinks like that!
o.o!

Also,
I was once yoyoing in a shopping mall, and this little kid comes up to me and watches, gotta be like 6 years old. The mother was standing afar watching me yoyo as well as her child watched me with an odd stare. I did some eli hops and other cool looking to the public tricks. Then I caught the yoyo, and as soon as I did. This kid goes: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
And runs away giggling.

I was like: o.o!

I was yoyoing with my YYF Frantic, (This was 1 Year Ago) and the yoyo had some problems, like it unscrewed at random times, so when I was yoyoing in the living room, the Yoyo Flew off the string, flying in the air, me going, “NOOOOOOO” and my step dad (Not seeing teh yoyo in the air) bends down to get his drink on the floor, the yoyo comes down and hits him directly on the top of his head. It made a big “Thump” noise, and all he says is, “Ow?” and so then I think he is gonna start screaming and so I thought he was gonna beat me up. So, I run upstairs, go to my room, lock the door, and stay in my room for a couple minutes. after 20 minutes, my step dad comes up and starts lauphing and says that he’s not mad. But I think he was, because to this day, he doesn’t let me yoyo around him. XD

Dang that’s crazy XD Seven??

All the seven-year-olds that talk to me about Yo-Yos say “How do you do that?”.
:-
If I actually explained “How I did that” it would melt the kid’s brain :stuck_out_tongue:

“First, I throw the Yo-Yo to the side and allow it to swing in an arc. Then I intercept the string with my finger and allow the Yo-Yo to pivot around it, and hit the string. While doing, this, I pinch the string with my left hand and allow the Yo-Yo to continue moving with the string, causing it to swing around my wrist, which creates a slack loop which I then- Blah blah blah…”

Not exactly weird but funny none the least. I had been yoyoing earlier in the day with my 888 and messed up something with a wrist mount and got a snag/knot, I wound the yoyo back up frustrated and set it back down on the table. A few hours later I picked it back up forgetting that it was knotted and only had about 2 feet of string to work with, threw a super strong sleeper and the yoyo blacked my eye. I just told everyone at work I got in a fight cuz im so tough

@ Jayyo, wow, that is one philisophical 7 year old…

My friends don’t care about Matrix.

All of them were FASCINATED that I dismounted from trapeze by switching fingers to my middle finger and into a backwards trapeze (Backwards mount, whatever you want to call it)

They asked me how long it took.

I said a day.

They were like, “Wow, I couldn’t.”

I said “Yes you could”

it spun.
???