Funny story

Ok, so I was at kohls shopping for shorts (unfortunantly for me) I finally got bored (30 seconds after walking in). So, what do I do, whip out my Dark Magic from my pocket. Now, please realize that my string was about to snap, I knew this but it had held up for about a week like this so I played like normal. I was demonstrating hop the fence to my little brother. As the yo-yo came over my hand, my nice heavy metal rimmed Dark Magic was flung (:o) from the back of the mens department, across the main walkway, and into the next section. Thank god it didnt hit someone in the head. I was in a lot of trouble. And I had to look for shorts without anything better than trying them on! ;D

Whatā€™s your funny stories with your yo-yos?

ok i was in a play, and during practice i was waiting on the side of the stage behind the curtain. and i made up a weird trick where the yoyo hit my hand and shoots outā€¦and while i did this, it unscrewed and almost flew on stage! i wouldve been in big trouble!

Ummā€¦ once I dinged my M1 and I started talkinbg to it and saying sorry but i didnā€™t realize was that 2 people were behind me just staring at me like ???. I was sooo embarresed :-[

I yoyo. Thatā€™s funny to most people. >:(

This was my cousin not me. But he was playing with the yyj kickside at our place of work and one day he had like five knots in the string, but was too lazy to get them out. But anyways he was playing with it and he was just messing around doing around the world and he threw it and the string snapped and the yoyo flew across the room (itā€™s a 6000 sq. foot room) l0l. He found it after like and hour and it had a huge gash in it. He told our boss and was grounded from yoyonig for the day l0l.

Well, my cousins and I were persuading my 11 yr. old 200 lb cousin (I hope Iā€™m exxagerating) to do sports. My cousins keep saying what kind of sports they do: b-ball, soft-ball, etc.
They then asked what sports do I do.

I said yo-yoing.

Awkward silence

ā€œYeah, have fun doing street showā€

Same here. Where i come from all the red necks make fun of me. I feel really awkward yoyoing in public. >:(

My cousin was in town tonight with her husband and when it was brought up that Iā€™m into yoyoing they laughed. Pretty hard. It sucked until a little bit later when I showed them a few tricks. Then they thought it was awesome. =)

same! then i say, ok tough guy, make this yoyo come back to your hand! i give them my dm, tell them to go into an open area, and step away. they get really mad at not bieng able to get it to come up, and jokes on them. i have even won money, like $15 betting that they canā€™t get it back to their hand. Their like ā€œWhat do you think i am, a kid, i can handle a yoyo!ā€. Easy cash.

i was trying 5a and, having never tried before, was alittle akward with it. so im watching the ā€œdouble on trapeze releaseā€ and had done it. then i binded it back and it slipped from my hand and fly across the living room and at my mom in the kitchen. :-\

I was doing around the world with my friend and the string snapped and the yoyo flew like a meteor to his face. (Luckily he ducked)

i was yoyoing today in a park and these cops came up and started to watch me yoyo it was pretty cool.

iā€™ve just discovered my weekly allowance ;D

and adding on.

I was doing around the world outside, and the string snapped right at about sayā€¦80 degrees. I did this one full power too, so I was watching the yo yo do a magnificent arch from my hand, to the sky toā€¦my moms carā€¦

its a good thing she cant see if theres a dent on top

LOL

That, would be awsome! Score!

Hmmmā€¦Im gonna do that todayā€¦maybe ill be able to finally buy a YYE t-shirt lol

I will share a few :slight_smile:

1st.

I was at Target standing near the pizza hut waiting for my Dad, I was getting bored so I pulled out my yoyo (I think it was my old Spinmaster 3) and started casually throwing.

I was just doing some cool tricks when a guy comes up to me:

Guy: Hey you are pretty good with the yoyo!
Me: Thanks!
Guy: I used to be pretty good at it once, I went to contest too.
Me: Wough really? Same here? You still yoyo?
Guy: Ah not really, I was quite good for a time, I won a contest actually.
Me: Cool! What contest?
Guy: It was the US Finals.
(So I think, US Finals? Maybe he means nats? Wough! He probably won a sport ladder or something cause I didnt know him from any past championship champions)
Me: Oh US Nationals?
Guy: Yes thats the one.
Me: Wow! So you did the sport ladder?
Guy: No I actually did the performance
Me: (Confused) Wait what year did you go?
Guy: 2001
Me: Hmmmā€¦ Whats your name?
Guy: Jason.
Me: Lee?
Guy: Oh awesome you know me.

(STOP! I know this guy isnt Jason Lee. I know Jason Lee and this guy WAS NOT HIM!

This is Jason Lee:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU_es1xJzD0

The guy looked about late 40s, Somewhat like George Lopez.

THIS GUY IS NOT JASON LEE!

Me: Wanna try my yoyo?
Guy: Naw, I dont yoyo anymore, I was once good but now I cant ever throw a yoyo
Me: Aw.
(So now I test him)
Me: Yeah Nats was awesome that year ha? Kinda hot though since it was in Las Vegas.
Guy: Yeahā€¦ everyone didnt like it
Me: Yeah
The guys family comes over.
Guy: Well I gotta go, Nice meeting you!
Me: You too, laterz.

WOW! That was amazingā€¦

Next story!

I was at a church youth group showing some guys some yoyo tricks.
This is back in 2001 and I was using my old renegade.
I was going to do an around the world to over the shoulder trapeze but the string broke!
SNAP! It flew and I am not kidding IMBEDDED ITSELF INTO THE CHURCH WALL!
Bam!
Sad right? But even worse, this was not our church! We were coming from out of town and happened to see a vineyard church and went in for their sunday service.
I felt really bad but they said it was ok.
The Gade was ok, but the wall was very damaged.

My friend Brandon got a new bigyo so he wanted to make a long string for it, I told him to try to make a long one (you know for those big shoot the moons people do?)
Little did I know how long of a string he would make!
He came back the next week with a large bag.
The bag was filled with string, each tied together and with the bigyo at the end!
We wanted to try it so we strung it out, okā€¦
Ground level, walk it upstairs one level, into the living room, around to the stairsā€¦ next levelā€¦ ok around to the backā€¦ next levelā€¦ we realized that we could not try it cause after getting up to the top story of our building, there was still at least 6 more stories of string!
We still have not been able to try it, But he added some more strings and we might try it off of a skyscraper if we can find some place to let us do it.
When we do, Ill make a vid.

!

1 Like

My friend Brandon got a new bigyo so he wanted to make a long string for it, I told him to try to make a long one (you know for those big shoot the moons people do?)
Little did I know how long of a string he would make!
He came back the next week with a large bag.
The bag was filled with string, each tied together and with the bigyo at the end!
We wanted to try it so we strung it out, okā€¦
Ground level, walk it upstairs one level, into the living room, around to the stairsā€¦ next levelā€¦ ok around to the backā€¦ next levelā€¦ we realized that we could not try it cause after getting up to the top story of our building, there was still at least 6 more stories of string!
We still have not been able to try it, But he added some more strings and we might try it off of a skyscraper if we can find some place to let us do it.
When we do, Ill make a vid.

!
[/quote]
that soundsā€¦FREAKING AWSOME! i got to see that when you do it!

That. is. going. to. be. the. best. video. in. a. long. time.

I was yoyoing with my ProJam, my string snapped and I made a knot at the bottom to fix it. Did Around the World, snapped, flew, almost hit a teacher.