Weird yo-yos

I just remembered a dream I had the other night about a pneumatic accelerated yo-yo, yo-yo halves contain small pressure chambers that you can pump air into, once the yo-yo hits the end of the string valves open and the pressurized air jets out of precisely placed holes and makes the yo-yo spin way faster than a normal throw, idk if it would work lol :man_shrugging:

1 Like

theres still some part of me that wants to play with this thing knowing it would wreck me. my forearms would be so sore

1 Like

the design is very human

2 Likes

10 Likes

That’s super cool!

Part spintop part yoyo

Yo2 delta

5 Likes

That one looks fun too!

As for rare everything in there, Besides the busker

8 Likes

Excellent collection!

1 Like

In a yoyo trick book theres mention on this “Academic yoyo”.

3 Likes

Very interesting :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Gosh I wish I was in Italy right now, I can ask maybe my mom to take a picture. I have a Pinocchio yoyo that my mom bring straight from Florence as memory. Pinocchio has also the nose long which makes the yoyo even more impossible to play, and also quite dangerous lmao still cute tbh!

4 Likes

True, but it is technically a 0A thing.

Stunt Pilot felt weird at the time. Back in those days I was hanging out at the yoyo kiosk at the local mall allll the time and the weird people who played stringless or whatever they called offstring back then played with Vipers but it was pretty hype when a Bee GT shaped yoyo came out that was supposedly capable of it as well as being strong at normal yoyo play. Except for some reasons the SP3 had slightly different brake pads which were worse and a lot of people’s SP3’s including mine played weird and snaggy so nobody really liked the yoyo (including me). And even though the yoyo kiosk probably sold a couple spintops, nobody had ever really played with one so we didn’t know why our yoyos had propellers. And why in the world did it have that notch in each half? I forgot they even have those until I looked it up for a pic. I think I have 3 of these things and will never throw them.

6 Likes

My mum just sent me some pictures, Pinocchio yoyo

19 Likes

Pinnochioyo

4 Likes

I wonder if it could spin like a top?

I tried ages ago, I damaged some of my parents forniture, I didn’t tried anymore :joy: the answer is no, it doesn’t work, sadly

2 Likes

Does the nose grow when you miss tricks?

9 Likes

Only if you say you didn’t.

8 Likes