Weird stains

Greetings one and all.
I have a Dark Magic yoyo, and I’ve kept it in the little plastic box I’ve got it in, along with an extra string. After a while, I noticed the string got black in a few points the yoyo touched, and the box has black marks wherever the yoyo touched as well…It doesn’t seem dirty, I kept it in the box at all times but when I played with it, and I don’t remember it hitting anything dirty…What are those stains? What do I need to do to prevent it?

Thanks ahead,
Balamis

Is the Dark Magic resting on top of the spare string?
If it is, the alloy on the yoyo rims could be having a reaction with the string, the discolouration of the string should not affect the strings strength.

But do test this out sit the DM across the string for a day or so and see if the same marks appear.

It might be Dust from the O-ring Breakng in.

It is probably the rims tarnishing.

Yes, it’s likely so.

Paranormal activity…

lol

germsss

its the bare aluminum exposed to the air its oxidizeing the only way to prevent it would be to either clearcoat the rims and or polish the rims with a polish that has an agent in it that coat the rims to prevent further oxidation

Aside from what everyone else said, it may be the axle.
I’ve also had this as my dark magic’s axle has dirt whenever I touch it. The color is kind of silvery but no worries. All you need to do is grab a cloth and just whipe the axle. Hope this helps!

What do you mean the rims tarnishing? About the bare aluminum, is it hazardous to the yoyo in any way? And about the axle - How can the dirt from the axle appear on the rims without me opening the yoyo?

Is the metal rims on the yoyo got darken, is it not as shiny as new? Then it maybe tarnished.

Tarnishing is when the aluminium got darken when exposed to air, this is caused by chemical reaction of aluminium and oxygen and its natural. Same way as rust on steel.
Its not harmfull to the yoyo preformance, only to the looks.

And this tarnish, on whatever means can be transfered to other celulose material, i.e. Paper or fabric, and its also normal.

I don’t think it’s from the axel.

I hope this help