Weird problem

So when i through my yoyo, it will sleep, but then it starts spinnig clockwise for no reason, it is still sleeping while doing this. HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPP

throw harder.

I through pretty hard.

This happens to everyone.

First off, it’s important to recognize that this problem is not with the yoyo - it’s entirely your fault. I don’t mean that in a negative or mean way, but it’s something important to know.

Just keep practicing a good throw. The yoyo will start tilting and rotating at low speeds, particularly on a bad throw. Just focus on keeping the yoyo completely vertical with the gap as perpendicular to the floor as possible and keeping your tricks completely lined up so that the string touches the sides of the yoyo very little.

A good throw isn’t something that you develop over night. It can take years before you get a really, really solid throw down. Just keep practicing and you’ll get it down.

throw straighter and also a string centering bearing could help

The yoyo is rotating because of precession. If the string is not sitting dead center, the yoyo will slowly rotate around.

This is only ever really a problem if you’re just sitting there staring at it spin. When you perform string tricks it will stay on axis much better. Don’t worry about it.

2 Likes