Weekender or day tripper

I have both but am diminishing my collection. What are the strengths and weaknesses of both. How do both compare?

1 Like

Seems to me you are the most qualified person to answer your own questions :joy::rofl:

12 Likes

I’m just not an experienced thrower

Most people would prefer the Day Tripper, but then again, pick the yoyo that you like the most. Play with both of them and see which one you gravitate towards. That’s the most important thing if you’re going to keep the yoyo anyways.

5 Likes

I have both, but find myself reaching for the Weekender more…It’s all personal preference, you know?

Both are fine yoyos!

3 Likes

Used to have both. Excellent yoyos. I preferred the Weekender, but that’s just because I enjoyed it being wider. The consensus will say Daytripper, and it’s a win win either way.

2 Likes

I prefer the Weekender.

3 Likes

I have a slightly stronger preference for the Daytripper, but they are both fantastic.

Weekender.

1 Like
  • Weekender
  • Day Tripper

0 voters

2 Likes

I have neither, but they’re both on my wishlist!

1 Like

This is the way!

4 Likes

I purely like the day tripper more because it’s more narrow.

1 Like

Dont make me choose!! I MIGHT prefer the Weekender slightly, but it depends on the day. I play my Weekender more because it lives at work, but its hadd to say whether I like it more.

Day Tripper is more powerful and dense, but has slightly higher walls so its a little less forgiving.

Weekender is faster, and feels more balanced. Slightly better for 1A due to the wider profile.

When I got my Day Tripper (first of the two), I didn’t think I needed the Weekender. Now that I have both (and the Fingerspin Weekender), I’m glad I have both (all 3 lol).

4 Likes

I played with the Daytripper first, and I only got a Weekender recently, and I’ve been playing with the weekender since I got it. But I’ve been trying to do those balance tricks and I’m frankly not interested in trying to catch the Daytripper upright in the back of my hand. I mean, technically I landed El Mijo in a “bird” (on one finger) for 3 seconds, but I’ve literally only done that once. I can catch the weekender on the back of my hand very reliably, and that’s just more fun. I like the lighter weight of the Daytripper. I think it’s a little easier to throw/respond at lower spin speed, which seems important for 0A. The wider Weekender makes some tricks easier, the Daytripper makes other tricks easier. To me they are different enough to justify keeping both, and I’m not trying to build a huge collection of Yoyos.

5 Likes