Wedge or Skyva?

Which is better for finger spins, grinds, 1a, and 5a? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’d go with the Wedge. I like the weight distribution better and the finger spin hole on the Skyva is weirdly small :thinking:

7 Likes

Agree on this. Wedge is not the best plastic out there, but it is better than the skyva

2 Likes

I own both and I think when it comes to fingerspins the Wedge wins. But imo the Skyva is the better yoyo in generell.

2 Likes

How about metal skyva?

2 Likes

The wedge finger spins longer. They’re both pretty bad for grinds if you’re not wearing gloves, just like most polycarbonate plastics. Both are good for 1a. I don’t play 5a but I’d imagine they’d both be good.

I like the skyva better personally, but I actually recommend the wedge because I feel like it’s technically superior. It spins longer than the skyva, and it finger spins longer than any yoyo I’ve ever owned, metal included.

I think the skyva is more fun to play with. It fits my hand better than the massively over-sized wedge, and the floaty feel is a lot of fun. Can’t really go wrong with either for 20 bucks.

Anybody tried out the delrin model’s of these? I’d be really interested in trying out the delrin wedge, since they slimmed down the rims a bit.

1 Like

The delrin one is very nice if you are into the feel. Those who get it only for fingerspins will be disappointed. A bit on the pricey side, but I think you will like it.

Never buy a yoyo for just one purpose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.