Washing yoyo string?

do people wash and reuse yoyo string after it wears out and gets grimey?

2 Likes

People usually only do this with really long lasting strings like good nylon and trilobal thread

4 Likes

I wouldn’t bother washing an ordinary poly string because by the time it has become that dirty, it has also become frayed beyond usefulness.

2 Likes

Mark Montgomery use to put used strings in his pants pockets to wash/dry them. I’ve done it by hand a few times, but only when I start to get low on strings/materials. Also, I agree with @andy569

3 Likes

Only the Markmont DRAGON strings. Which I’m very excited are going to be remade very soon!

7 Likes

:arrow_up: This!

Glad they are remaking them. The Japanese thread I used to duplicate them is no longer available and I really didn’t like the Draken.

3 Likes

I wrote this up using Cloud strings as an example, but most Nylons and high quality nylon/poly blends should be the same.

5 Likes

I sometimes use a baby wipe on premium poly strings to clean them up a bit. My son plays with grubby hands a lot. But in general just replace.

1 Like

Not worth it if you’re using poly. You could do it with nylon but again is never going to feel like a new string.

2 Likes