Washing strings?

Personally, I found that with all the day-to-day things that I have on my schedule, that I don’t have time to wash Yo-yo strings

So what I do is when I have a dirty string that looks like it could use a good washing, I have a special courier, pick up the string and take it to a legendary, dry cleaners a few states over. Not only do they dry clean stuff, but they actually wash stuff.

Because of germ related possibilities, I pay a little extra for them to wash each string individually. The strings are soaked in a stainless steel tub, filled with virgin water from a perpetual pond on the magical island of Fiji.

they are then placed, damp, individually, in sterilized Ziploc bags and placed in a pelican briefcase. They are then flown to a remote location, bordering Tahiti, and carefully hung in the sun, facing an onshore breeze for seven hours and 26 seconds exactly.

They are placed on a plane that is flown over Vatican City for a flyover air blessing.

They are returned to me in vacuum pack tubes. Once I receive the tubes, I put them in the Batcave after time stamping them. I let them age for 18 months and a day.

obviously, not a very economical method… But since I can’t take money with me, I don’t really care if I die broke

3 Likes

Isn’t that expensive??

1 Like

Closing out the string wash was adding to the ball. All hail the string ball

3 Likes

After reading you comment I decided to time the duration that washed strings play at a decent level and you are more or less right.
4 strings changed within an hour. Had multiple times string tension problems with a lot of knots involved. So 5-10 minutes of play and 5-10 after that with horrible quality play.

Does not worth the trouble after all!

For bulk I find that to be true especially if you washing already worn down string however nylon and boutique string can be washed multiple times and hold up.

Also depends on style of play a bit on where the string wears

What is this white string? It looks suuuuuper loosely wound.

Ahh some of what’s added to the string ball is garbage that came with wood or 3d printed throws where you could tell the person didn’t know how to yoyo. I believe the one your referring to came from an impulse Etsy buy a glow looper that had the loosest most garbage string I’ve ever acquired attached and tied to the axle. It somehow looked dingy so it got a wash too just to not look dirty on the string ball.