Wanted to share a secret with you guys

Vitress!

Been testing this out for 3 years or so ever since I found out that my friends have been using these on their rubiks cube.
It quiets down noisy bearings and Ive felt them play noticeably smoother.
A drop after cleaning the bearing works great, sometimes I don’t clean the bearing at all, just drop some in
and play.
This stuff breaks in quick and seems to last quite a while. Don’t worry, I’ve checked on its ingredients and nothing in it is harmful to your bearings.

I wanted to give it a thorough test before posting on here, and I think 3 years is enough LOL.
If you guys want to try it out, be sure to get something similar to this variant as the other types have fragrances and additional chemicals.

Just wanted to let you guys know, cheers~

I’m almost afraid to ask why you even thought to put this on your bearings in the first place :-\

Does the box or bottle list the ingredients? Curious! Could be legit here… apparently the stuff uses “Thermo-Shield Technology”, which is a fluid-applied ceramic coating. Basically turning your steel bearing into some level of ceramic hybrid…

And you can get yourself a free sample to try before you buy right here: http://www.sampleroom.ph/

:smiley:

Am I getting this right?
It looks like hair stuff. I don’t even have hair…

Does it make the yoyo quiet?

Also, it looks like it is in a foam type dispenser and the op says he puts a drop on the yoyo.
Did they change the bottle, or gasp the formula in the last 3 years?

It’s hair stuff. It apparently lubricates the bearing and makes it quiet. That’s the claim in the original post. :slight_smile:

I would imagine you have to remove the dispenser nozzle and just acquire a drop directly… on a pin if it needs to be small or in some sort of pipette otherwise.

That makes sense.
I got some old bearings lying around I’d try it on.

Personally, I NEVER lube bearings except for my yoyo’s that are setup for responsive play.
And for those, I’ve found that plain ol’ mineral oil works the best

I agree with you, but some of those around me prefer my bearings quiet.

Then lose the lube and use NSK bearings…your yoyo’s performance factor will thank you for it :wink:

I’m with you, but I like plastics and a $30 bearing in a $10 classic seems like overkill :smiley:

I overlube all my bearings. The slight responsiveness doesn’t bother me ::slight_smile:

The stuff looks like it might work.

It just looks like a foam type dispenser, but it isn’t.
Yup its hair stuff, but it isnt like shampoo or anything, its clear and has a watery/oily consistency.
Yes it makes yoyos quiet but unlike all the mineral oils Ive tried, it breaks in super quick (5-10mins) and goes back to unresponsiveness.

As I stated in my original post, I got the idea from my speedcuber friends.
I speedcubed a few years ago and silicon oil was the lubricant of choice back then.
I met up with a few cuber friends again and noticed that almost everyone was using this instead, and were saying that this worked a great deal better than silicon oil.

I got curious and wanted to know how it affects yoyo bearings and tried them on some “crunchy” center tracs. Worked like a charm.

2 Likes

Warning… Never use Preparation H on a yoyo.

It will shrink the bearing.

3 Likes

^ :o or at least make it pucker :o^