Want black jeweld 1940s Duncan

Hello,

My father is 80 years old this year. He always told me a story about when he was a kid in the late 1940s how he won a yoyo tournament at a local grocery store and won a few yoyos and accessories. One of the prizes was a black Duncan yoyo with diamond-like jewels on the side. I would like to find him one of these, either an original or maybe a repro if Duncan ever re-released a perfect replica of it in later years. If anyone can help that would be great, even if it is to tell me I am wasting my time and they are so rare I will never find one.....

Benjamin

Hey Benjamin!

Google “Duncan Jeweled YoYo”… May be what you are looking for :wink:

I had one at my hobby shop as little as 6 months ago. They are still around and should not be too hard to find at all. It was a vintage re-release line. Black had 4 diamond like jewels on the side. I want to say it cost 5 or 10 bucks. Had old style packaging and art.

Big Nic also hit the nail on the head. They are out there. :slight_smile: good luck! should be an easy hunt.

Now, if you know where I could find a 28 stories Peak? Lets talk :wink:

Kinda off topic but do you mean your lhs(local hobby shop) or you own/run your own hobby shop?

I am one of a couple core employees. Im not an owner, but Ive been holding it down for 5 years or so. Nice to see “LHS.” hadnt seen that since i quit quad racing 3 years ago :slight_smile: I was racing before there were races. LOL its lonely ahead of the curve. I quit all that hi tech stuff to return to yoyo. Best decision EVAR!!

Awesome. Yeah I’m super into rcs and races too we don’t have a local track so my friend and I built tracks in our backyard. I have a slash and tmaxx. My friend has a slash as well. He hasn’t joined me in my yoyoing yet but I’m gonna get him his first throw at va states this weekend if the weather permits. :grimacing: