vsNYYC Ti Walker Holders Thread!

beautiful number! (5 is my favorite number!!!)

p.s. has passed many hands this yoyo … just scroll down this thread to understand it …

Yea, I begged Anmo to sell me one for a good while. He finally cracked to shut me up I guess. I’ve been annoying him on facebook with silly jokes ever since.

Looks completely different now though, thanks to Weebus!

2 Likes

We have become mortal enemies. But he sends me funny British tv clips every now and then, so we good.

wow! very very cool!!!

Beautiful. Nice job Weebus!

I had sold my Ti-Walker, #80, to slowyojoe a few years ago. I always regretted it. Recently, he and I touched base and he sold it back to me. So now I have #80 again, and this time, it stays put. ;D

I always had a curiosity.
such as graphics of tiwalker are made?
enlarging you see that are composed of pixels, then they seem a kind of decals … but have no thickness.
and then because on the yo-yo that were anodized they have remained so defined changing of color ???
how it can go any? with that technique and material they are reallizzate?

P.S. Also known to have different shades of brown, some tend to black, others like those in my # 75 tend to gold, so, are different or dependent of angles and light photos?

I also noticed this when my Ti Walker got anodized. I did not really think about it too much until you brought it up. I see your point.

I am curious now; can anyone shed light on how these markings were made?

Annealing.

Can you please elaborate?

That’s what Heath called it years ago, but I never fully understood it. To me the engraving seems like a form of heat treatment that changed the color. It’s different than aluminum, in that an oxide layer isn’t being built. That’s my limited understanding of the topic, sorry I couldn’t be of more help. Anyone else able to explain it better?

Thanks for the explanation

So he used some kind of stencil and a blow-torch?

That’s the only thing I could think of, I don’t see another way to get sure small and precise letters.

The process was referred to as annealing by the local company that did it for me.

As it was explained to me, the process is supposed to pull impurities to the surface of the metal through a heated laser. I loved the idea because it left little to no surface feel after lasering which added to the overall “formal” look. I watched a few being annealed, and I know a laser was in fact used. The process can be done on Al, but it makes the metal lighter not darker and was barely visible.

Feel free to hit me up with old VsNYYC questions directly. I don’t come on here often so if an admin hadn’t told me about this I would have never saw it :confused:

5 Likes

you could restart :wink:

Does anyone know who has #22?

looks like i’m getting #55 in the mail soon :slight_smile:

you got that blue/purple one on FB a few days ago? Im not on FB but a friend showed it to me. SUPER sad panda i missed that one…

yes that was me. sorry, i know you will find one!! :slight_smile: and #55 is in my possession now, will post a pic.