VsNYYC Ti-Walker: A High Speed YoYo Review

Since the DRunnner and TiHawk play pretty similar I was curious about the specs but I had a heck of a time finding specs on the TiHawk so I pulled out my certificate in case anyone else is interested.

Ti Hawk
Diameter: 54mm
Width: 41mm
Weight: 65.6g

DRunner
Diameter: 52mm
Width: 42mm
Weight: 63.5g

3 Likes

Still haven’t tried a Ti Hawk lol

Not many G2 fans in my neck of the woods

2 Likes

Phallus Sprinter would be another name.image

7 Likes

Should prly move to a different section of the woods then

5 Likes

I’m not moving for a yoyo lol. Make Josh bring one to eyyc

2 Likes

Yeah I can basically guarantee you will love the Ti Hawk. I will eat a titanium yo-yo if you don’t, actually.

4 Likes

It’s almost worth buying one and saying I hate it regardless just to see you try

3 Likes

I believe you are too nice of a person to do that!

3 Likes

You believe wrong

5 Likes

Perhaps, but the Ti-Hawk is highly resemblant (cough @zslane) of the Ti-Walker. :wink:

1 Like

The tiHawk is currently the only ti yo on my radar. I love the regular Hawk

3 Likes

+1 on the Ti Hawk.

1 Like

Diameter and width of New condition ano’d Ti -Walker #37

image image

7 Likes

Definitely on point, that’s what I measured too.

just for clarification, for precise measurements you cannot use a caliper, you must use a micrometer, which being equipped with a clutch avoids the error due to the greater or lesser pressure that your hands exert on the instrument and guarantees, in addition to objective precision, repetitiveness in measurement.

3 Likes

No such thing as offering too much good information that may not may or may not be useful in this situation.

:nerd_face:

1 Like

Need for a certain accuracy level is dependent on what your goal is. In some cases (eg wood) a tape measure is correct. In other cases (eg measuring microns), micrometers are not accurate enough.

In this case, Mo was measuring with an accuracy of .04mm which is well within reason for what appears to be the goal here (show the size). Mo’s calipers have a clutch wheel as well.

There isn’t a one size (pun intended) fits all method.

7 Likes

The measurement I get from my instrumentation is “comfy”.

I always add at least 2" to my measurements. Easy. Start at 2" mark from the base to make sure you rule out any standard deviation. But it’s the thic that counts. Who wants to be stabbed by a long pencil when you could be spread like the curtains on a triple double wide window. Calipers all show this data to be accurate. Calipers and calibers I bring tha .50 cal. That’s what she said. Double barrel loaded.

And yoyo stuff.

2 Likes

The wheel of a caliber (which is not a real clutch) does not have a spring calibrated at a constant force like the clutch of a micrometer … this is the characteristic that guarantees the repeatability of measurements.
however this evening I will carry out comparative measurements with both instruments on the ti-walker diameter so as to compare the results obtained.
P.S. Why should a micrometer not be suitable for obtaining measurements of the order of microns?

1 Like