Velocity, Adjust-o-Matic, and Speed Dial

Hey, the name’s Kyle. I’m new here. :slight_smile:

Quite often I hear people saying that Velocity is a nice beginner yoyo. While I do agree with that, I also find that it handles the advanced stuff just as easily when it’s on its least responsive setting. My one issue with the yoyo is that it doesn’t have that same nice “solid” feel of some of my more expensive metals. Which is why I’m now looking into some of its metal (or partly-metal) counterparts, the Adjust-o-Matic and the Speed Dial.

Anyone have any info about why or why not to get either of these yoyos? How do they compare to the Velocity? Do you prefer one over another? If so, why? Discuss.

Thanks ;D
Kyle

…oh and btw, anyone else but me find Adjust-o-Matic to be a really corny name for a yoyo? haha, just wondering.

Welcome to the forum Kyle. The Adjust-O-Matic is the Best is a corny name, but it is the best out of all three it feels solid and is a good beginner to expert yoyo. Next would be the Speed Dial it is also a solid throw but not as smooth as the A-O-M. Finally, the Velocity it is the least solid, but still a good throw it can handle harder tricks, but I wouldn’t recomend getting one for harder trick.
Hope this helped.
,Brayten,

If you want to get a velocity, get the adjust-o-matic if you have the money.
Its more “solid” feeling than the velocity itself.
I think the adjust-o-matic

Sorry, I actually meant that I do already have Velocity, and I like it, which is why I’m considering these seemingly better “versions” of the same kinda concept.

Thanks for the input guys! Yeah, the AoM looks to me like it’d be the “best” out of the three, but I didn’t want to just make assumptions based on price. One more thing I’m wondering about, though, is that the Speed Dial shape looks a little more appealing to me… but if the AoM is a more quality yoyo, then that might make up for that. So, I’m still kinda on the fence.

Also, I think I posted this in the wrong section. Like 10min after I posted the the thread, I noticed a board called “Looking for Help/Recommendation,” so, sorry. lol