Usps

So allow me to take a second to gripe. I ordered from an online yoyo store the 20th paid for priority shipping and the estimated date of arrival was the 23rd. Now due to weather circumstances I knew I wasn’t going to get it that day, but the last time the package was tracked was the 21st… No further tracking info was updated. Now if it left for ny the 21st at 11:33 pm it should have arrived in ny that night and I should have had an update. I have ordered countless yoyos from past stores and never experienced this . I just wanted to gripe about it on here because I’m highly upset. 150 on a borealis then priority shipping… Now I have a case number and will be contacted by usps in 1-3 days. I just want my throw. I don’t want to have to get a refund from said store just to order again. Do you guys feel my pain?! :’(

If it shipped Priority Mail on the 21st (a Thursday) it should be expected in 2-3 business days - So the 23rd (Saturday) or 25th (Monday). The shipping delay from the Blizzard is slowing everything down, so I would give it a few more days before getting too worried. Sometimes USPS packages go unscanned for a week and then just show up, it’s frustrating, but it happens.

You’re first mistake is contacting USPS - They will do absolutely nothing to help. They just placate you over the phone until you stop calling.

Contact the store you purchased it from and let them know the package hasn’t arrived. They should be taking care of it for you.

im assuming you didnt order from yye. I live in michigan and my packages usually arrive in 2-3 days, Some of the most reliable shippers i have ever seen. I feel ya tho, ive had packages that have never shown up (not from yye tho).

edit- totally forgot about the blizzard. Give it some time dude.

No I didn’t order from yye only because there were no more borealis left. Thanks for the support and reassurance tho guys. I most certainly will be ordering In The near future from yye. When my borealis comes I will be attempting my first I boxing /review video. I’m deff posting it. Soo I’ll keep u guys updated. Thanks again fellas.

I feel your pain Yoyocrazed and then some. Try living in Alaska like I do where you have to pay more for shipping and wait longer than any of the lower 48 states do. The USPS is terrible and their reputation for reliability plummets year after year.

Their tracking/delivery confirmation system is a joke, they have no excuse for delays, their customer service is worthless, and they will basically do whatever they can to delay giving you what you paid for. Just wait until they leave you that irritating little pink slip in your box telling you a “delivery attempt was made” but that you need to go pick it up at the post office. I could rant on, but the best thing is to just be patient. Everyone suffers from their incompetence, so you’re not alone :wink:

Wow that is awful! I used to have zero issues back in my 2006-2008 years of ordering. Then again I used to order from a New York based store which is no longer in existence. Lol anywho I will work on my patients lord knows I need to.

At least you are in Juneau…I hear it takes even longer to get packages out in the bush around Browntown ;D

It’s not the store’s fault, it’s USPS. They’ve messed up quite a bit recently, and some shipments have no relation to the blizzard.

I had a weird incident where I bought a yoyo off of the BST. The seller was on top of it getting the item shipped to me (yay!). USPS however was somewhat laughable. Checking the tracking it went from “Picked Up” from Ohio to about 5 days of no updates and then finally an “Arrived in San Francisco” update.

In the end I got my yoyo (A G2 Banshee if you wonder) and have not been able to put it down. I’m now hoping the USPS doesn’t drop any more lame bombs on me as I have a couple more throws coming from the BST (Titanium Dream and a YYC Artifact.)

In short, USPS can be lame. I’ve seen more positive results with USPS priority over USPS first class (YYE uses Priority) and have been left hanging with first class as they tend not to scan their packages as frequent if at all.

USPS? The Browns still rely on the Pony Express ;D

1 Like

You’re right, the shipping time takes eons to reach the bush areas AK’s interior, mostly because there’s no road system connecting the tiny towns and only small planes like Cessnas and Beavers bring passengers/supplies/mail to those places. Juneau, and pretty much all of southeast AK for that matter, isn’t connected by a road either though, so everything comes via air or barge. The latter method (usually USPS Parcel Post or Media Mail) takes nearly a month in some cases to receive a package. >:(

The hilarious (and aggravating) part is when a pacakge via USPS First Class or Priority mail travels from the east coast to Washington (where much of AK’s USPS mail gets sorted) in a day or two, and then takes an additional 5-6 days to reach my doorstep up in AK. This happens way more often than you’d think. ???

UPS/FedEx don’t offer ground shipping to this part of the world either, so we can’t get large or heavy items shipped here for any reasonable price either. Be grateful you folks live in areas that offer these services! Many online stores/eBay sellers flat out refuse to even ship to AK period, so there’s that to deal with as well.

Also not sure what to do. Bought some yoyos from someone from in Russia. Sent out on the 9th. Tracking has stopped, and still no clue where it is. Getting tired of waiting for this.

Its even worse when you spend $34.50 on shipping your package via priority mail express because you need it on a certain day. And then they deliver it just as fast as regular $6 priority… I was so mad.

Oh man… Hope you got your money back.

You’re a dreamer! :wink:

Exactly, i was hurrying when i shipped it so i threw away the stub, its hopeless to call them up without it…

Every time I hear people talk about getting rid of the post office, there are people in places like this that let us in the lower 50 remember why there is a USPS in the first place.

Post office service to places like this are never going to be profitable. That is exactly why we have a Postal System. They serve everyone. Thanks Benjamin Franklin!

So still nothing. I have a case number , and now it’s a waiting game. Well it’s been a waiting game, but now I have someone looking into it. Now to top it off I lost my job yesterday. So I’m bored at home now throw to entertain me. Thank god my friend is helping me get a new job Wednesday.