Problem with USPS.

Ok, so I shipped a package, namely a 54, to someone on the 12th of January. On the 15th, the tracking says the item departed the sorting facility, and the tracking hasn’t been updated since, and the recipient hasn’t received the yoyo yet. What can I do about this? I already called USPS to file a case, anything else I can do?

1 Like

weird. a lot of the time they don’t update it until its been delivered to your address. I don’t know why they do that, but it happens sometimes. it will most likely be there tomorrow. not sure what you could do besides let the post office know it hasn’t been delivered.

1 Like

It’s the 3rd of February now, it’s been 3 weeks since it was shipped.

1 Like

USPS also sometimes doesn’t update the tracked package’s location if the package hasn’t arrived on expected date.

1 Like

oh, lol I wasn’t even paying attention to the dates. sorry about that.

1 Like

Hmm, but it’s been 17 days after the expected delivery date.

1 Like

Go to a USPS store and make a huge scene.

2 Likes

You’re not helping.

3 Likes

I would recommend that you go to your local post office and make inquiries. Escalate the matter to management if you must. Be polite but firm. It sounds like it never left the original facility. All the evidence indicates it’s still there.

3 Likes

Will it work if I didn’t ship from the post office? Usually I print the labels and throw them in my mail box.

1 Like

I rptobably would, because thats where the mail man would most likely take them

1 Like

I agree.

1 Like

All it takes is a carrier not scanning on delivery, and that yo-yo could have reached it’s destination, but you would never be able to prove it. I have seen that happen a few times with Ebay sales. I had an honest buyer, so there was never an issue. Also, it could be legitimately lost somewhere, so there are several possibilities. That really stinks.

I usually call them on day 5, the soonest possible to start an investigation, that way, a mail carrier might remember delivering your box to the destination. The longer the package is out there, the harder it is to figure out what happened. You will be glad to know that just this past week, a new USPS tracking system is in place. It is supposed to be “real” tracking, not just delivery confirmation they has before. I think it costs .90 now (more) but free when you ship Priority. I mail a lot of stuff, so I try to keep up with it all. No more delivery confirmation (green) slips. Your tracking number is on the receipt only now…separate barcode is on the box.

Keep us updated.

1 Like

Hi yoyospirit,

was it an international shipping? In this case I can tell you my experiences (may be helpful for you to settle down a little bit ;))

I bought a yoyo here in the forum, which was shipped by the seller on 14.01.2013 and arrived on 01.02.2013 (means. within 18 days!). But according to the tracking system of USPS the yoyo is still in Jamaica Queens since 17.01.2013 (although I definitely hold the yoyo in my hands ;D).

Seriously: it could be a problem of the customs, so that it may take another few days. 4 weeks for an international transport is possible (depending on the destination).

If the buyer doesn’t get anything since the end of the week, you should follow the advice of Waylon. But next time you should go to the post office to get a receipt of delivery (with the stamp of the post office - so you can prove, that you’ve sent the yoyo)

I don’t know, how it is in the USA, but in Germany the postal service is responsible for the transport in any case (equal if the package is tracked or not). So you should open up a claim in case of conflict (I think you can do this on the USPS-Website)

Good luck and tell us the end
Gogol

1 Like

It was domestic. And it still hasn’t been delivered :stuck_out_tongue: So what do I do with the case number?

1 Like

Domestic? :o - that’s much to long.

Two possibilities: USPS have messed up the transport, or (what would be the very worst case) the buyer isn’t honest and want to trick you.

The only thing you can do now, is to open up a claim at USPS (and I would do this immediatly).

Link to the USPS customer service:

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&forward=inquiryType#top

Choose “Problem”, then click on the “Sending Mail”-flag and follow the dialoges. Normally you should get a refund from USPS, if it isn’t possible anymore to find your package.

I’m really sorry - good luck anyway
Gogol

1 Like

Ok, thanks! Just filed a case, for the third time lol. Let’s hope I actually receive a response this time. Can I still get a refund if I didn’t get insurance?

1 Like

I can only talk about the conditions in Germany - in my country the postal service (normally DHL, oder ‘Deutsche Post’) is responsible for the package, equal if it is tracked or not. If something gets lost, I can open up a claim, or I can apply for an inquiry.

And this makes sense in my opinion - you intrust USPS by giving them your package and therefore they have doubtlessly a duty of care for the shipment (that you don’t track the package, doesn’t mean, that USPS has the right to mess up the transport without consequences).

So if you schouldn’t get an answer, I wouldn’t hesitate to hang it a little bit higher and I would write in a gentle manner to the management of USPS (if the service of USPS is partially bad, the management should know this - and then there will normally be a reaction, because due to the requirements of quality management, no big company can accept bad customer service today).

But please mention the following: if you don’t have anything in your hands to prove, that you have shipped the yoyo, then it will be on the behalf of USPS to be accomodating or not. So please be polite and objective.

In this sense

1 Like

Crap, I guess it’s pretty much lost at this point, thanks for the help though.

1 Like

Sounds like this one
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=lc859005035us

1 Like