USPS rant....again

Most any government really… :wink:

Occasionally I face a delay and once I had to have the PO look for a package, but, overall they beat DHL post and UPS post and I forget the other one,but, they beat that too. Hooray USPS!

Ummm, maybe FedEx??

Maybe.

I’ve had very good luck with USPS, both in terms of

• shipping one or two yo-yos via priority (with tracking, this is $7 or more even for one yo-yo)
  • shipping one or two yo-yos in a padded envelope with Plain Old Stamps ($4 or ~8 stamps at the current “forever rate” mails two yo-yos anywhere in the continental US in my experience). This would be first class mail, instead of priority, and there’s no tracking… but it is ½ the price!
  • receiving packages mailed to me, though these are almost always priority with tracking

I’ve sent and received a lot of yo-yos in the last year via USPS had almost zero problems, except in two cases

1. There was one time I sent a package with stamps that didn’t arrive. But the guy had been travelling and was in the process of moving to a different apartment so I think it got lost in the incoming held mail shuffle while he was away. I don’t blame USPS for this one. It is annoying because it was a Nickel Deep State though :frowning:

2. There was another time I bought $600 (!) of yo-yos from someone here on the B/S/T, that was obviously sent with tracking and it was craaaaazily delayed, like it arrived two weeks after it should have. I was pretty worried about that one, but the guy swore he sent it, had a receipt and of course I had a tracking number. Sure enough it was just USPS weirdness and in the end everything was OK.

This probably varies somewhat depending where you live of course.