Anyone having trouble getting yoyos in the mail?

I ask because I bought some comics on Ebay. Should not take long to get. Just traveling from NJ to Kentucky. Checked tracking the day they were supposed to arrive. Where are they? San Francisco, CA. Dropped a note to the seller asking if they put the correct address on the package. The reply was that I was the 5th customer to contact them with this problem. When the seller inquired at the post office the reply was that a man power shortage was causing mail to be routed to any sorting facility with available capacity. Well, it took 6 days for the package to go from Jersey to California. Hope they still had sorting capacity when it arrived. The package is on the move again but tracking does not say where it is going, or when it will arrive. Just that it is moving to the next destination.

3 Likes

Yes, and not only yoyos. :confused:

2 Likes

Yea, and other things as well. Current events being what they are, they’re dealing with both 1) twice as much mail as normal, and 2) more employees out sick.

The scanning of packages is also slipping a bit, I think. A gift for a family member showed “Pre-shipment” right up until it was delivered yesterday, as did a couple of other things I’ve been tracking.

The good news is that so far everything has eventually made it to its destination.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. It’s the time of year and the current events taking place. Not just yo-yos. And it’s all over the place. I redeemed some points from Nintendo to get a bandana and that shipped early this month. It arrived at my local sort facility and had been there for 8 days. Then it left my local facility today and is now in another state in the absolute opposite direction of my address. Compare that to the gift I got my mother that didn’t even tell me it shipped and arrived an entire week early from the expected delivery date. It’s a madhouse.

3 Likes

I’ve had 4 packages through USPS that say they’ve been delivered but were not.
1 of them showed up a week after the tracking number said it had been delivered…the other 3 are still missing.
Frustrating.

3 Likes

My YYE FedEx package came in as expected yesterday after it left the east coast Monday. Haven’t touched USPS this holiday season, let alone at all after having a game take a month to get to me back in August.

3 Likes

My postmaster told me yesterday that about 300 postal workers in my region are out sick or quarantine. I ordered something Sunday - it left Texas, went to KY and came on Wednesday which is super fast. I think with all the holiday mail and sick employees things will be nuts for awhile.

2 Likes

On the international front, I ordered yoyos from SpinGear in early 2020 right as COVID was hitting hard. I still have not received them b/c the JPS (Japan Postal Service) completely stopped all shipments to/from the US and it’s still in effect. It’s been so long, I even forgot what I ordered.

3 Likes

Oh man, that really sucks :frowning:

2 Likes

9 months waiting for yoyos. That’s brutal.

1 Like

I’ve had good luck with usps. fed ex and ups have always been slow for me. I think it just depends on the area and how well they are staffed I’m in California so they are pretty well staffed it seems

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had a few items including cards and letters take an abnormal amount of time to arrive recently, but it also happened to me last summer. I mailed a package to a location less than 10 miles from my house. It traveled 6 days and over 500 miles to arrive at the destination.

1 Like

FedEx is the one that has always given me problems. From marking packages as undeliverable so they could take off early to delivering my packages to the wrong house. Monday I am supposed to receive a new iPhone 12 Pro Max by FedEx. We’ll see how that goes.

2 Likes

The usps mail has been about 4 weeks late for the past 3 months. All my packages arrived, just super late! Ups and FedEx seem to be on time though
I had a ups package actually arrive early yesterday!

But yea, your usps package will sit at the same spot for weeks with no movement, then one day appear across the county one day. Just keep checking it… it will eventually be delivered

1 Like