Used String

What does everybody do with all their used string. I hate throwing away string so much I cut it sometimes just to make sure I dont pick it back up and get some gnarly knot Ill spend 30 min digging out. I squirrel away some in my backpacks survival kit but its not much. Does anyone here do anything with their old string?

I put all of mine in a pile. Then I see how big the pile can get before my mom comes into my room and throws it all out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Throw it in the trash.

2 Likes

I haven’t added anything to this in about a year…

1 Like

i give mine to my daughter and her and her friends braid it and make friendship bracelets. :wink:

very nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a baby string ball…this was taken about a month or 2 ago, so it’s slightly bigger now :slight_smile:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575699_10151064574226349_1033801121_n.jpg

Mine either goes to my sister to be made into bracelets or goes in the trash can

My little sister makes me cool bracelets out of my favorite string but the rest goes into a Mason Jar just in case i never need some.

Cool idea. My used string goes in the trash but maybe I can come up with a creative use for it instead. Thanks for all the posts.

I thought making it into a string ball was pretty cool so I made my own:

It’s kinda lopsided and I’m trying to fix that. I also use it to hold a pin for de-shielding my bearings.

yeah i have a one inch string ball ;D

I haven’t done this, but I have seen people make counterweights out of it called wasps nest counterweights. If you search google you can find a tutorial

How do you start a string ball?

I’ve made a few of these.

I just started wrapping them round each other and tucking in the loose ends :slight_smile: