Used String

What does everybody do with all their used string. I hate throwing away string so much I cut it sometimes just to make sure I dont pick it back up and get some gnarly knot Ill spend 30 min digging out. I squirrel away some in my backpacks survival kit but its not much. Does anyone here do anything with their old string?

I put all of mine in a pile. Then I see how big the pile can get before my mom comes into my room and throws it all out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Throw it in the trash.

I haven’t added anything to this in about a year…

i give mine to my daughter and her and her friends braid it and make friendship bracelets. :wink:

very nice. :slight_smile:

I have a baby string ball…this was taken about a month or 2 ago, so it’s slightly bigger now :slight_smile:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575699_10151064574226349_1033801121_n.jpg

Mine either goes to my sister to be made into bracelets or goes in the trash can

(M.DeV1) #10

My little sister makes me cool bracelets out of my favorite string but the rest goes into a Mason Jar just in case i never need some.

Cool idea. My used string goes in the trash but maybe I can come up with a creative use for it instead. Thanks for all the posts.

I thought making it into a string ball was pretty cool so I made my own:

It’s kinda lopsided and I’m trying to fix that. I also use it to hold a pin for de-shielding my bearings.

yeah i have a one inch string ball ;D

I haven’t done this, but I have seen people make counterweights out of it called wasps nest counterweights. If you search google you can find a tutorial

How do you start a string ball?

I’ve made a few of these.

I just started wrapping them round each other and tucking in the loose ends :slight_smile: