Recycling excess strings

so i just got some new strings, and those strings are LONG, the excess string is almost 30cm in length, what should i do with it, does anybody have any idea? i was thinking some hand craft type of stuff

the string in question

2 Likes

I use my worn out strings for my kidā€™s toys. Hang a dinosaur there, a Spiderman figure elsewhere, hang targets and shoot them with nerf guns.

But about the excess string which is considerably smallerā€¦I got nothing.

1 Like

iā€™ve never thought to recycle my used strings, i just put them in a fixed axle wooden yoyo and wait for it to broken, and just throw it on my cupboard lol, now i got an idea to hang my gunpla and pose them like a space battle, thx

1 Like

String ball. All old or unused string yo the ball

3 Likes

I do not understand what you can do with a stringball. Just let it be? What is the use actually?

I have the same issue with my strings. I save them in the junk drawer and they come in handy for tying things up. Last Christmas I used a bunch to hang ornaments.

2 Likes

canā€™t think of any use, other than to chew them obvšŸ˜’

Theyā€™re fun to make! Iā€™ve put ever single string Iā€™ve ever used into mine, and itā€™s turning out quite nice!

My cats enjoy batting around the string ball

1 Like

How would you make a string ball? How do you attach the strings?

I started with a large knot in one string. Then I usually loop a slip knot through the end of the last string and wind round and around.

4 Likes

Winding and tucking and knotting really no major way to do it just feel how you feel about adding the string

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a project idea for a while but just havenā€™t done it yet. You could do an art project. Use a board as a base, cut to the shape you want, put some small head nails in the board around 1/2 in apart, paint it all black. Now you can attach and wrap strings around the nails to get whatever design you want. A simple example would be to just spell out Yo-Yo.

I would suggest washing any used string. I would use colors that are iridescent under blacklight.

1 Like

Tie them all together then make a ball

You could also make a loom!

1 Like

Anyone elseā€™s strings get stinky?
I donā€™t have a ton, but they stink!
Itā€™s prolly just sweat from my fingers lol but itā€™s nasty

3 Likes

Stickā€™em in a pants pocket and put 'em through the wash!

3 Likes

I throw mine in an old pillow case and tie a knot at the end. I also have coveralls that I wear when Iā€™m doing yard work or under a car. It has a zippered pocket so I throw them in there. They clean up well. Though I havenā€™t tried reusing one after a wash lol.

2 Likes

My mom got a hold of my string ball and crocheted me some yo-yo holders out of the string. Love those little holders.

7 Likes

Wash them before making your ball

2 Likes