Upstate South Carolina Throwers

Maybe call it, T.H.R.O.W? 5 chances to match the tricks your shown.

I think it could be a great way to learn new tricks because I’ve noticed most of us learn tricks better kinesthetically rather than being shown “this string, undercut, roll over, roll out, pop”-etc. And it would really encourage you to practice and remix the fundamentals which we all know by now is the heart of making your own good tricks/style

Yeah that’s cool. I also thought about doing a “trick club”. Like, in a book club everyone for home and reads the book and then you come back and then you talk about it. In a trick club we could all say we are going to learn a particular new trick. Like everyone goes home and tries to learn a repeater, like any repeater to match their skill level then we all show off what we learned.

3 Likes

I like that. Maybe like a hat draw with a list of tricks we’ve chosen and the drawn trick is the trick of the month?

Yeah exactly

T. H. R. O. W. is a fixed axle game that someone came up with a while back, but I’d do it with unresponsives too!

2 Likes

Cool! I figured someone had to think of it before haha

@moby323 old CLYW Cabin Tutorials tricks in there? Those are such a pain but I find they’re always worth giving a close look. One of us definitely needs to work on that hat list lol

Guys if no one has an objection I’m gonna book a spot for Thursday September 12 at 7pm for the next meetup

@jon_dohnson @yofanatic05 @deep-spaced @Dpike222 @BCYG @azazel @Damo @Selenica @Legit_yoyostrings

2 Likes

That sounds good

Just wanted to say that I’m not ded. I do see the @s and stuff just been super busy dealing with stuff lately. :gift_heart::two_hearts:

1 Like

Ok man hope you can make it to one of these

1 Like

@jon_dohnson @yofanatic05 @deep-spaced @Dpike222 @BCYG @azazel @Damo @Selenica @Legit_yoyostrings

Just a reminder that I’ve got this booked Thursday Sept 12 at 7pm.

Show of hands who expects to be there? Anyone who needs transportation let me know, I’ll be happy to give you a ride. BTW I bought some Airtech strings and they don’t really do it for me so I’m bringing those for whoever wants them

4 Likes

I’ll be there

2 Likes

I’ll be there.

I really appreciate you taking the effort to schedule us. We should probably migrate somewhere larger at some point. I’ll try and keep my eye out for something.

1 Like

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it next Thursday. Some family stuff came up but I’ll try to make the next! Thanks @moby323 for your work on this!

1 Like

I won’t be able to come main reason my moms going out of town plus I live 2 and a half hours away but I would like to come one day

1 Like

I’ll definitely be there!

2 Likes

I just read that GTC actually has a few large spaces they offer publicly for meetings and whatnot. I haven’t inquired about price or anything. One of the areas looks like where we go now except we’d be able to move all the tables. What do you guys think?

we may have a couple of new people as well. Does anyone need a ride or anything?

2 Likes

I’m actually not coming today after all. Y’all have fun. :v:

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately me and Nathan were the only ones.

We mentioned moving the next one closer to Spartanburg since that would be closer to Nathan and a few other of the people. I would be cool with us rotating the location so we take turns having it closer to us. If anyone wants a ride up towards Spartanburg they are more than welcome to ride with me.

1 Like