Upstate South Carolina Throwers

Yeah well I figured this was a bit of a trial run so now next time people can know that we will actually show up.

I kind of wish I had taken the opportunity to ask you guys some tips on some stuff I’m working on, I need to get over the fact that you guys are so much better than me lol. I definitely will next time.

Anyway, thinking of places we could meet, someone mentioned that the library has spaces just for that sort of thing. They even have a cafe in there if we wanted snacks or soda.

2 Likes

If I can make it to a meet I’ll definitely be the newest lol. How many showed up?

3 Likes

Aww! I’m so sorry I didn’t come! We will definitely have to schedule another one! Glad u guys and fun!

3 Likes

I’m sure you’re fine man you saw how much I was messing up lol most of my best tricks I can’t land on command right now. I like the idea you told me more about meeting at the lounge area of that store, I forgot which one :stuck_out_tongue:

I look forward to the next meeting and the first official Upstate SC Yoyo Club meeting

1 Like

Boardwalk games. I’m going to swing by there this week to ask them about us using it and what days is it available. The other upside to that place is that with the type of people that hang out there I think people might see us throwing and take an interest in it.

1 Like

That sounds like our best bet for now. With our small numbers we shouldn’t be too much of an issue and you’re right I imagine it’s a very welcoming crowd. It makes sense to me

2 Likes

im going to try to get my mom to take me to the next one but it is 2 and a half hours away so I dont know if she will

1 Like

You know, if we can meet fairly regularly and consistently I bet it could draw throwers from further out. Like I know one in Gastonia and another near Augusta. They maybe couldn’t come every time but I bet they would try to participate when they could if they knew it was worth the drive.

Also, maybe we should go ahead and start working for a time frame for the next get together? I’ll be in Nashville next weekend and Nathan will be at worlds the week after. But maybe the weekend after that? It would be cool to have Nathan tell us about worlds the weekend before, I would have a lot of questions about it.

2 Likes

is that one in gasonia me or is it someone else if it is someone else please let me know who it is I done have any throwers that I know in my area

PS I live in Gastonia

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to bring a camera and take plenty of pics!

It doesn’t seem like many people who would be coming are currently in school, and I’m homeschooled, so maybe next time we could meet on a weekday, when parking is better? I don’t know how parking typically is near Boardwalk, so that point may be moot.

But otherwise, if anyone wants an autograph and they don’t care if it’s in person, message me and I’ll try to get it for you. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah boardwalk isn’t downtown, it’s in a shopping center with plenty of parking

1 Like

So guys I went to Boardwalk games today. I still have to talk to the main person but I did gather some info.

So this is what the meeting room looks like (picture below). I talked about if we could move the tables in the back to make a space. I think they would agree to that but only if it’s on one of their slower days which means basically Monday to Wednesday. One neat thing was that even just there talking with the employee about this there were a couple of people who were like “Yoyos?” And I was like yeah “modern yoyoing” and I was telling them about it and they said it sounded cool. I really think there would be people in their regular crowd that would want to know more if they saw what it is all about.

But anyway, back to the meeting space, before I go further do you think that would be doable as far as the schedule for you guys? Like for example we could do like the first Tuesday or Wednesday of the month. If we have to do it on a weekend that’s still fine with me but we would have to find a different place. And FYI this place is next to the Mall so I think most people wouldn’t have trouble finding it.

What do you guys think?

@jon_dohnson @yofanatic05 @deep-spaced @Dpike222 @BCYG @azazel @Damo @Selenica @Legit_yoyostrings

8 Likes

That looks good to me for at least while we’re just starting. I think 2 meetings a month should be good as well, I have no preference between Monday - Wednesday

2 Likes

Yeah totally! Great location! Shout out a time.

2 Likes

Boardwalk Games looks great, @moby323! Tuesdays and Wednesdays are typically busy for me but outside of work hours (or close to them) I could probably make something work. Glad y’all got things rolling!

2 Likes

Hey guys so I went back to Boardwalk Games again today to set up some space for the yo-yo club meet up.

They said they would like us to do it on a Thursday because it is their slowest day which means it would be less crowded so we would have more room. After that we can maybe move it to another day of the week if necessary.

The owner was very cool about it and said they may even consider selling yo-yos at the store.

Anyway, I went ahead and reserved us some space for Thursday August 15 at 7pm.

I know some of you won’t be able to make it every time we meet but I think it would be cool if we can get as many people as possible for this one so we can see if the space works for us and to show them at Boardwalk what this is all about.

So how does that sound? I’d like to get a head count of who we can expect. If anyone needs transportation I can probably give you a ride.

@jon_dohnson @yofanatic05 @deep-spaced @Dpike222 @BCYG @azazel @Damo @Selenica @Legit_yoyostrings

5 Likes

Thanks dude!! I get off work at 7pm but I’m probably only like 10-15mins from the store. Plan on being there!

1 Like

Awesome

2 Likes

I should be able to make it too

2 Likes

Epic! I’ll check into things. Thanks for putting it together @moby323!

3 Likes