Unscrewing introduces vibe?

Today I unscrewed my iYoyo Firrox 7075 for the first time since I got it (new) to take out a wicked axle not impossible to take out with just a pin. After I carefully reassembled it, I noticed that the yoyo now has significantly more vibe than before. Before unscrewing, this yoyo was DEAD smooth, the smoothest yoyo I own. Is this common? I also tried tuning, but the improvements were marginal.

2 Likes

From all the answers I’ve seen in the past about this, it seems that the exact causes of vibe are poorly or only partially understood, and so the remedies are like remedies for hiccups or hangovers. Try something. Anything. Take it apart, turn the axle around and put it back together again. Try flipping the bearing around. Try chanting in Latin while facing the constellation of Orion. Do the hokey-pokey and turn yourself around. You get the idea…

7 Likes

This isn’t true. Any misalignment of axle, bearing, and bearing seat can potentially cause some vibe.

But the way you fix misalignment is generally “try again”

5 Likes

Is this why yoyos often come tightened by Thor himself? Does that help minimize any possible misalignment?

2 Likes

I believe having tight tolerances around the bearing seat so the bearing is snug and doesn’t shift around … as well as the axle and bearing seat being truly perfectly flat… does most of that, not “tightness”

2 Likes

I believe it can make a difference. That’s exactly the experience I had with my Rook. It was so tight, I never took it apart, then when finally I did (needed to clean the bearing), suddenly there was a little vibe. I decided to try making it tighter than I normally would, and that did fix most of it.

I really don’t think modern yoyos should have to be tuned for vibe. At this point, you should be able to take them apart, and put them back together without any worries about bearing side and axle placement. Never had any vibe problems with my ODs, for instance. I’ve taken my Parlay apart probably a hundred times, and the changed SE.

Having said that, after being a bit frustrated and irritated with the Rook. It’s still one of my favorites, even though it still has a little bit of vibe.

3 Likes

this is actually the only thing we do during QC, please remove this I don’t understand how you found out

14 Likes

That’s it. I like this statement. I buy your Statement.

1 Like

I thought you chanted mo bamba. Guess we’ll never know.

1 Like

That only works if you simultaneously chant Sicko Mode at the same time.

1 Like

Latin is just mo bamba and sicko mode chanted simultaneously. Try playing them at the same time, you’ll see.

5 Likes

Yeah, you chant it and place speakers around the yoyo, and the tremor from the base tunes it.

1 Like

And they said Latin was a dead language…

First off, GREAT CHOICE love that yoyo, mine is vibey after unscrewing, it just happens, at least it wasn’t a recess Bi-metal, those are crazy vibey after unscrewing.

1 Like

Don’t have to deal with this with old CLYWs

1 Like

Or One Drops, and others machined by OD.

Tight seat can equal a bad / frustrating time.

1 Like

Yup.

1 Like

Because most of the old CLYWs had a bit of vibe. Was known as CLYW vibe for a period.

1 Like

Must be the REALLY old CLYWs. All of mine which are older models have ZERO vibe