Unresponsive

Does anyone know how to make a Duncan yo yo unresponsive. I already have silicone stickers and thin lube but it won’t go unresponsive please help. :-*

Clean the ball bearing by soaking it in mineral spirits for a while, can you deshield your bearing? If not there is a small clip, use a safety pin to pop it out ( it is around the edges, one on each side) then the shield will fall off. Remember to put it back in because it allows dirt in if you leave it off. Also if you want, you could send it to a modder and they can recess it for you. Meaning they put a deeper groove where pads go to fill it with pads, silicone, etc.

~Dingo

What duncan yoyo do you have. you can try taking one of the stickers out and just playing with one sticker and try cleaning your bearing as dingo said. Hope this helps.

1 Like

It depends on the yoyo. If you’re talking about a FHZ or metal drifter, it’s recommended that you remove a sticker and then clean the bearing. There’s also a couple of Terrapin X bearingoptions, such as I think a wide bearing and an A+ Beefcake kit. I think CBC makes an A-sized center track bearing.

If it’s a FH2, not sure, I am using my FH2’s for 5A stuff so I like them being moderately responsive with a cleaned bearing. Wider spacers perhaps?

Most of their metals just need the bearing cleaned really good as they are otherwise intended to be completely unresponsive.