Unresponsive Journy

How do you make a journy unresponsive? I got it for my friend cause I thought he might also be able to use it for unresponsive play… It says on its page in the shop “Combine this with the standard YoYoJam adjustable gap and you have a yo-yo that will snap back to your hand when needed, but still handle those crazy string tricks.” Have I been bamboozeld?

ur skrewed you cant put kpads or cbc pads on it

Double o-ring journey is awesome for beginners. The yyj line without the extra bearing still has an adjustable gap. You simply tighten or open the gap a bit by screwing together or unscrewinging it a little. I’m not certain if the bearing comes dry or lubed but a break in period can always be expected when purchasing a new yoyo. Playing the yo should help make it more unresponsive if it has been lubed. You can also remove an o-ring or both o-rings and silicone it.

You haven’t been bamboozled you just need to understand the yo a bit better.

That is a spretty usless adjustable gap… If you unscrew it at all the string falls off the bearing.

Take out an o-ring and clean the bearing.

You unscrewed it too much. Only a slight turn is necessary.

Shims are very usefull for keeping the gap wide. I would clean the bearing, add shims, and silicone it/install pads.

Technically it can still do all of the tech stock, so not you were not bamboozled.

Clean the bearing and silicone the orings and adjust the gap only a TINY bit.