responsive yoyo not needed

hello everyone, I am using a yoyojam speeder which has a O-ring and starburst response system(before I loved my yoyo because it was unresponsive and i could do wicked tricks)and I recently changed the string but the string was kindda fat and now my yoyo is responsive which means i cannot do any tricks right and also the string always touches the O-ring and my yoyo spins for a bit now…how do I improve it???

What kind of string are you using? You just have to break into the string. Just play for a while, and eventually you will wear into the string and it will become thinner.

If the string is rubbing against the response, make sure the gap is as wide as possible. But I really think that you’ve done that already.

Addment: If you keep the string centered with the widest gap possible you need about 2-2.5 mm thick string to rub the response. What kind of string have you gotten?

what I don’t get is how do I adjust the gap??? ???

Can you answer my question on what type of string you have?

Anyway, you just untwist the yoyo a bit. Make sure that you screw in the yoyo before putting on the string.

i have this yellow colour string but i don not know what it is made of
sorry

omg i did what you told me to… I adjusted the gap and yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

thx alot
(by the way the trick I was learning was the mcbridge’s roller coaster and the yoyo used to shoot up at the one and a half mount) thx alot