Unrelated Discussion on "Recent Posts"

Hey guys… I know that I am relatively new to this forum and didn’t have the honor or reading Doc Robot’s famous posts that everyone raves about, but all this talk about how great he was and how all the drama and “unnecessary” posts drove him away can’t really be the solution. I’ve seen some extremely rude posts on all sides of this forum; some justified, and some just completely unnecessary. However, the solution is not to point fingers or start a flame war.

Dyonch started this thread the same way that most of us do: posting an opinion. It’s the responsibility of everyone here to respect each other’s thoughts, even if we don’t agree 100%. As we have witnessed over and over again, emotion is difficult to portray with black typed words on a white background. I think it’s important to make your posts not sound mean, even when you’re correcting someone.

Yeah. This is a yo-yoing site, but it’s also a community. The unrelated posts are going to happen, but as long as they stay in the proper section I don’t see why we can’t roll with them. If you want more meaningful posts, then post 'em! It’s my personal opinion that complaining about the random posts just creates more of the problem, and takes a few steps away from a solution. We all have contributed great, GREAT information to this place and I hope we will all continue to do so. With the help of all the eXperts, and everyone else here we can make this the forum we all want it to be!

Most of the time, this is one of the last places on the internet that still has a friendly swagger about it, and I really hope it stays that way! Everyone wants the same thing – for this to be the best place to come for yo-yoing information, and know that a great answer to all our questions is only a post away.

//I’m not trying to step on any toes, but I hope this helps “rally the troops” in a sense. I just want to help//

7 Likes

Jason got some respect points from me today. :slight_smile:

Then again, I always respected him…

Great words! :slight_smile:

I wasn’t trying to say that we need to stop unrelated posts, just that I’d like it to be easier to find yoyo-related posts.

But anyway, Great post :wink: :smiley: