Unpopular Yoyo Opinions

Inb4 @Glenacius_K gets flustered

2 Likes

Lol! You may also be right!

But I do love a good organic.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think A-RT should focus on making more yoyos that aren’t organic for a while, as lovely as they all are.

7 Likes

I think A-RT should make a limited run of a new titanium organic, and they should charge $1,500 for each one.

7 Likes

Unpopular opinion; you should give me some free yoyos

3 Likes

Lol! A few people have this opinion.

3 Likes

Over-rated, or over-loved?

1 Like

Now this is indeed a controversial opinion I must admit. I know that you have heard the justification of organic yoyos a thousand times, and I also know that you view yoyos with regards to objective performance. But maybe you can at least recognize that some people do not view yoyos this way, and even if it is harder to nail the trick, an organic yoyo can be perceived by many to have a superior feel while doing so? An organic has superior feel in the hand as well as on the catch. It also responds more readily to micro-adjustments on the string (what can be blamed as instability can also feel like more control over the yoyo in more precise hands). As well as other subtle differences that can be subjectively felt. Im not trying to convert you, but even as an intermediate player I am gradually becoming a convert to organic yoyos because they just feel nicer to play. It’s like the difference between a performance race car and a luxury sedan. Which one would you rather drive to work? Since yoyos are cheap I can have and enjoy both, but in the end, I would rather play with an organic yoyo than perform on a V. I still reach for the performance yoyo when learning new tricks, but when im just playing for fun, I reach organic.

4 Likes

I absolutely do recognize that. Of course, the more people who sing their praises the more that organics appear over-rated to me.

Honestly, I’d rather drive a performance race car everywhere, all the time. I just don’t have the financial resources to make that practicable (on many, many levels).

2 Likes

Organic is a weird term to use for “round”

13 Likes

Common sense psychological response when a lot of people like what you don’t. For example I think pop and hip-hop are overrated. I understand why people enjoy them and don’t. I guess it is just that way for you with yoyos.

If you had a 70 mile commute with stop and go and annoying merges, you would trade that race car in for a more comfortable car in a second.

Oh well, it is what it is and I am just playing ball. Call it ‘round’, ‘butterfly’, or anything else, it’s fine by me. Hemispherical would probably be the most accurate description.

Unpopular opinion, most h shapes (excluding super hard h shapes) can do everything an organic can but better, and still have a similar feel to an organic.

Still love organics tho

6 Likes

Of course. Most yoyos can do “everything an organic can but better”, but that is kind of part of the point. The organic feels are the reason to throw organic. Though I honestly don’t think H shapes have the same type of tilt correction as an organic, as they are more designed to be able to throw horizontally (which I have no interest in).

2 Likes

Depends on the h shape. Also i meant the feel as well. Edited my post to clarify.

Which H shapes feel like an organic? In my experience H shapes are about as far away from organic feeling as you can get.

True.

But asking me to choose a car while forcing the worst possible driving scenario on me is like asking me to choose a yoyo while forcing me to do nothing but high velocity Breakaways with it. The word “choose” doesn’t even feel like it applies here.

5 Likes

I kind of figured the idea of commuting to a job would infer rush hour traffic, but ok. There are times in rush hour traffic where the HP of a race car could help, but in the end it is mostly a distraction and an annoyance. The point of the analogy was that you don’t always demand performance when yoyoing, and sometimes just want a bit of luxury slow flow. Im more like one of those ‘smoke a bowl and yoyo’ kind of guys rather than someone practicing to win a contest. The same reasons make me enjoy fixed axle play.

7 Likes

Do both at the same time

4 Likes

Organics should be called Hemisphericals

5 Likes

Well, I do.

Your analogy doesn’t really work because while I don’t always get to dictate my circumstances when driving, I do when yoyoing. The tricks I do (and am learning) don’t make “comfort in the hand” much of a consideration, while maximum spin time and stability are, and so organics are simply not the best yoyo for the job. Similarly, if I had the same control over my commute as I do over my yoyoing, I would always choose a route that let me enjoy driving a race car.

Side note: I have never fit in with the “smoke a bowl” culture, so that may also explain my ambivalence towards organics.

3 Likes