Unpopular Yoyo Opinions

I’ve been having this same thought while trying to weed through newer stuff and companies that didn’t exist last time I was around.

I’ve had to decide just to focus on companies that I know have consistently delivered quality stuff over a long period of time otherwise I’d be overwhelmed by the amount of choices I have. That and refusing to consider products that cannot possibly be as much better than other yo-yos as their price is higher. I don’t care if your costs are higher because you make smaller runs or whatever, I’m going with the product that can justify its price.

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong the average yoyo today is cheaper, smoother, and better than almost any yoyo on the market 6-7 years ago.

What would’ve costed $90 7 years ago now costs $45. There’s a reason your beloved genesis is $45 now and still gets little to no attention. It’s not because the quality went down with the price, if anything the quality even went up.

And many yoyos costing $90 now are better than ANYTHING that was out back then.

When I said average or redundant I meant in today’s market. But they are still miles better than most yoyos on the market back then

7 Likes

Duncan didn’t invent 5A :wink:

You’re going to like the new CoreCo yoyo if you like regens :grin:

If you’re expecting a really bad yoyo, you’re going to be disappointed. YYF has them for $10 right now during their B Grade Sale, I think YYE may have gotten them as well.

7 Likes

DURFEE LIVES!!!

~zammy

5 Likes

You bet! Nice to see you’re still around as well, along with the other community members that are still active. I went to NER recently and it was awesome seeing Andre, Eric Koloski, and Daniel Dietz again, as they were part of my (relatively) local scene when I was more involved.

I saw that you have your own yo-yo model now too, congrats! Are you still working on Moebius stuff?

6 Likes

22 posts were split to a new topic: Are yo-yo video reviews useful?

Well it does say Unpopular Yoyo Opinions…

I like dominoes pizza best
I don’t see anything wrong with unskilled yoyoers also giving reviews, after all a review is just one persons opinoin.
I don’t see anything wrong with the little guy making yoyo’s in there shed and selling them if there good.

5 Likes

All joking aside…I agree.
Try a brooklyn style crust, extra sauce, double cheese and double pepperoni! Or regular cheese, double pepperoni and cheddar cheese.
That or a brooklyn style crust, extra alfredo sauce, double chicken and philly steak.
Can get these for $8 with carryout!

I just made myself hungry! grrr it’s too early for dinner! lol

5 Likes

Just Double Pepperoni is good for me.
Oh, and i also like cake which is not an unpopular opinion, but i thought i’d just throw it in the mix. It may count as a double negative though.

2 Likes

Mmm! Cake!!

16f5d9c8cf5e484781c3eaa34f3955b1

d511f9436e418e8fbfa11ca980fb12c8--th-birthday-birthday-cakes

9 Likes

Pie > cake

1 Like

Okay I’m new to this thread and I’m not going to read what’s been posted so far. I’m sure someone has beaten me to it but splashes and half-swaps are lame.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, you just made me hungry🙂

1 Like

8 Likes

Sorry I had to say it. I do like the ‘cosmic’ splash on black, that looks really cool.

I’m more picky about the colors used than the ano type. I don’t normally like yo-yos where there’s too much going on outside of the “galaxy” like color combination. I don’t think a large majority of color combos look nice though so if it’s a choice between one of those and a solid color I’m going with the solid.

My pink purple fade Kayak is the most gorgeous yo-yo I’ve ever owned though that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Badly used meme. 0/10.

2 Likes

12 Likes

No Way ! Cake > Pie. That said, what kind of pie were you thinking?

1 Like

Here’s another one: This is slowly turning into “popular yo-yo opinions”, not “unpopular.”

But maybe this is also a popular opinion, which would mean I should delete this comment.:thinking:

8 Likes