Unpopular yoyo opinion(anti-yo)

I have a bunch of the post Anti-Yo YWETs (Recess hardcoat, static co), Yweti, Panorama/Diorama, Freehand AL, so will try to give my comparison. My panorama is setup with lego SEs and YYR bearing. The important thing to remember is, Panorama is highly variable depending on how you set it up in terms of bearing and SEs, so this is for my specific setup.

I weighed the 3 on my janky coffee scale:

Recess Hardcoat YWET: 66g
FH Al: 66g
Panorama: 64g

Surprisingly, the Panorama plays slowest/heaviest out of all 3. I think in terms of floaty: FH > YWET >>> Panorama

In terms of stability, YWET > FH Al >= panorama. I think this is largely to do with the center weight of the YWET, with the protrusion. You could probably set up brass spikes on the Pano to achieve something similar.

The Panorama is by far the most unforgiving. It’s high-walled, VERY narrow catch zone. I think this is the love-it/hate-it relationship of the Panorama. It’s fun because it requires really precise play, and is optimal for a certain style of play. It’s so rewarding to hit things on the Panorama, largely because it is hard to do so, you need to be precise and flow in order to not tilt or kill spin. The YWET has response grooves, and the FH Al has lower walls that curve away, so both are more forgiving.

The FH Al doesn’t feel “slim” to me, it’s wider than the two by a millimeter or two, but this is enough that it feels more like a “normal” organic than a slimline throw.

These are all my opinions, YMMV, this was done in like 5 minutes while I was drinking my morning coffee. If people are interested, I can do a more thorough comparison of the YWETi, various YWETs, Pano/Diorama, FH Al, and other slimlines/organics.

10 Likes