unicyles

I’m a girl and I want to start unicycling. Is there anything for unicycling for girls, or is it just the same? Any tips or suggestions?

I’d say to do some research on what wheel size would be best for you. Wheel size plays a role in what kind of riding you plan on doing, and also when learning, your inseam of your leg determines what wheel size is best for you (measure from floor to crotch, with shoes on). So yea, look into what kind of riding you want to do, I’d probably recommend a 24" wheel since it’s easy to maneuver yet you can actually just cruise at a reasonable pace.

While I have not tried any other wheel sizes, I do know that a 24" wheel is a good ‘middle of the road’ wheel, perhaps can cover some light distances but nothing major, does make a nice cruiser, while a 20" wheel will not get you as far, geared more towards riding in a small area doing tricks. You can still do some tricks on a 24" wheel but may be a pinch more difficult due to slightly less maneuverability. The 29" wheels and up you may have seen are geared towards distance riding/commuting as 1 full wheel rotation covers more ground.

Hope this helps!

Oh, and as far as a decent starter unicycle, you may check out the Torker LX…I don’t want to post any shops since I’m not sure if it’s cool to do…should be pretty easy though to find, there’s a unicycle online shop which you can say is the YYE of unicycles minus the awesome trick tutorials and forum. Now back to the LX, I hear they’re pretty decent and will last you a while…on the other hand I hear to stay away from Sun as they are only good for basic riding…cranks may give way on you… As I mentioned in previous posts, I have a vintage Schwinn unicycle which from what I hear can take a beating, though it uses some outdated components like cotter pins securing the cranks, and an odd-sized tire. I can’t really complain though, I got it for $25 and it has done its job successfully in getting me started on riding! I’m sure my Schwinn isn’t really geared for anything more other than cruising and maybe some basic hops.

I need some tips for free mounting and turning. For free mounts, I can get both feet on but then I just fall off. As for turning, I just don’t know how to do it.

I unicycle not very good yet. Only can get halfway down my driveway.

For Christmas I got a Torker LX 20 inch. Currently loving every minute of it. Can pedal around with a wall or something to hold on to, and can even make it about 10-15 ft. in a straight line.

Can’t wait until I can start idling and learn to juggle on it.

I have a unicycle, I can ride it 100 meters. Any tips on how to go longer and or free mount?

Mountain unicycle :flushed: What?!? That is awesome!