Unexplainable vibe

I attatched a video of the issue. The yoyo shows no visible damage anywhere. The bearing is fine, I cleaned the hub and the axle seat with qtip, but no improvement. (Its a pom Mojo, seller said it was smooth before shipping)
If you have any idea please let me know

1 Like

Did you send this video to the Maker?

There are many things a yo-yo can run in to without leaving any kind of mark…. Except maybe a mark on your forehead or kneecap. Some people accidentally ‘sit’ on their yo-yo and mess it up.

It could be a very slightly bent axle.

Is this wobbly/vibe ‘New’?

Or did it do that from the first time you threw it?

Because if the first throw down revealed that funny spin…… and the yo-yo was packed well…. And there was no damage to the box, then it wasn’t smooth when it was shipped… I dont care who said it was Smooth when it shipped.

Without enough detailed, valid information, anybody that responds in this thread is only guessing based on what you have shown and mentioned.

Only guessing….

6 Likes

Thank you!
I didnt send the video to the seller
It wobbled on first throw
The yoyo came in bubble wrap in a bubble wrap envelope
Im gonna swap axles to test

1 Like

Same thing with my Dove. I noticed the nut/bearing capture system was barely press fit into the delrin, as in I could push it out just with my thumb, pulse vibed like a monster after my first time unscrewing it. Honestly dissapointing.

2 Likes

Swapping axles didnt help either, maybe its a problem with the hub being misaligned slightly, whether that be from the seller, shipping or from the manufacturer like on your dove :confused:

Like Doc said I’m just guessing, but I’m gonna go ahead and say it was absolutely like this when it was shipped or it happened during the shipping process (coulda been stacked on top of in the mail truck, tossed around etc)

1 Like

Im gonna have faith in humanity and assume it was the shipping

2 Likes

That’s a great attitude to have especially in the midst of a disappointing mail day. Sorry that happened man but don’t give up all hope, maybe someone else has an idea on how to make it at least more playable

1 Like

Thank you for the encouraging words! If it really is the hub then theres probably no way to fix it

2 Likes

Yeah probably not unfortunately, if I had that throw lying around I’d send you it no questions asked man. Seems like you were really looking forward to it. My only other thought is that at least it wasn’t like some 3 figure bimetal ya know? And I’d bet someone else on here has a Mojo they wouldn’t mind selling or trading to ya. Yes it still sucks just the same and it’s still a loss of money there’s no question about it. But if we take away some positives it always helps any situation

2 Likes

Thank you, but that would be too kind honestly ^^ The vibe doesnt affect performance much so im not too disappointed, was expecting stuff like this when buying second hand… Next time im gonna ask the seller to box it then theres no two ways about it, especially on a 3 figure yoyo

3 Likes

Check the bearing.

I had terrible vibe on a throw, and couldn’t figure it out. Found the hole in the bearing was slightly off, causing the whole throw to wobble.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip, unfortunately that wasnt it either

1 Like

I think it could be one of the Axil bearing seat parts has moved in the delrin. I have had this happen in a few different delrin throws, it can be fixed but is very tedious to get straightened out. It can be the end of a throw if the seat in the delrin becomes loose.

1 Like

So I just had the best (or worst) coincidence happen to me
Over time I grew unsatisfied with the vibe condition on this yoyo, so a couple of days ago, I baught a replacement. But just now while cleaning the yoyo, I dont know what I did, but the problem literally fixed itself. Those are my almost favourite kinds of problems. Now I will have my first duplicates. One for edc I guess

Edit: Nevermind, the problem unfixed itself again lol :confused:

3 Likes

I think haste in re-assembly is the problem. Vibe can be the result of a bearing not seated properly.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, I reassembled it to be sure but no improvement. The problem seems to be that the hub moved in the delrin, which I dont know how to fix