Unclear string under theater spotlight

Hello everyone, I will be performing in a theater where they put a spotlight on me. My problem is that I cannot see the string clearly under spotlight, to be more specific, when I am doing horizontal trick at the level of my eyes. I tried white and yellow string, neither gave me a clear vision. Any solution?

1 Like

What color is the background? This might be a bit of a stretch, but if you use a dark color that doesn’t match the background, it might contrast with the light and help you see!

Background is black up to my waist. Above waist is white. let’s see if dark string works :thinking:

Neon Orange

Any chance you can get the spot op to not go full intensity? I’ve been a spot op a few times now and don’t find it an unreasonable request - latest show I was doing had a cyr wheel performer, he had noted that the spots had actually made it hard for him to see so we cut it altogether and just let the stage overhead lighting do the work.

1 Like

Some players wear sunglasses on stage. I always assumed it was so the stage lights have less of a negative effect. Could be worth trying if it’s been a struggle for you.