Unannounced A-RT Bi-Metal Drop!

I’m also going to add here (even though I don’t think it’s necessary) that just because something isn’t worth it to me and I have an issue with the price point, I’m not trying to persuade anyone who feels differently.

I own 6 different Wide Angles guys.

I just have no personal connection to Jensen, I was not around for the organic revival, and I don’t really want any organics at this time. Organics weren’t a novel thing when I started yoyoing, they were just normal yo-yos.

So, like I said above, I’m clearly not the target market for this. I just enjoy discussing yo-yos on a yo-yo discussion forum and I find topics where people disagree strongly much more engaging than anything else.

14 Likes

I like you.

4 Likes

Thank you. Sometimes I forget that not everyone views passionate disagreements the same way I do and I don’t want people to think I’m trying to offend them.

4 Likes

I’m not really into organics either. But I do like how comfy they are in the hand, and the idea of a “high performance” organic does appeal to me because of the “high performance” part. And I know that A-RTs have a very good reputation and are highly sought after, so resale value won’t be a problem should I decide I don’t want it anymore.

If I am being honest with myself, I think I succumbed to FOMO a bit here. But that’s okay. I can afford to do so. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I’m excited to see what you think of the bi-metal organic. I know you’re not a big fan of other round shaped yoyos. Maybe this one will change your mind.

1 Like

I have the Flux, which is also a bi-metal organic. I will be curious to compare the two.

3 Likes

Are we the same person? This was my justification as well! I also find it quite funny that my first A-RT is going to be a bimetal.

3 Likes

I mean, I won’t lie… some of my love is the fanboy of Jensen aspect. hehe.

But Organics really are my favorite style of throw… its funny, back when I released my own… I made the complete opposite of what I love… lololol

I mean… I like organics enough that I sprung for a gouda mecha bape… lol

6 Likes

And you can clown on me all you want when I buy the 120$ Bimetal Shutter immediately after gawking at ART prices.

8 Likes

This is what is great about this hobby. We can all find something that speaks to us. Be it a yoyo, player or a brand. We can all find something to get behind. I think having lots of diversity in designs as well as companies can only help the hobby. Same with teams. Some teams are all about comp, others about camaraderie. It’s a great thing (IMHO) and very different that other competitive based hobby/sports .

3 Likes

Just snatched the blue one!

And one more thing. I messaged A-RT and they told me that this will be the only Splunkin drop. Only 100 pieces.

Clear, blue,and red are still available now! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I would have gone into (more) debt for a black and purple, but they seem to have been the first to go.

3 Likes

oh man I know, I settled with a Black w/ Gold Rims since Black w/ Purple Rims were sold out.

2 Likes

is the clear problematic, or done to death, or something? as a fan of modern, and even sterile/industrial design elements, it’s an attractive piece. plus it matches another in the repertoire…

4 Likes

I’m actually a fan of the clear ano look on a yo-yo myself.

4 Likes

and i hope this isn’t political or anything, but i’ve found that as i’ve gotten back into the “throes” of things, i really enjoy what has been described as ‘organic’. and, i still love responsive.

i didn’t initially seek out organic throws, but that is what i continue to gravitate towards. that and almost any modern responsives… loving the slimlines.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the Smashing Yoyos Spectacle (the only bi metal I own).

Obviously I wont be getting one of these though.

1 Like

I told everyone the name above :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I don’t see an issue with how A-RT prices their yoyos considering there’s clearly demand. They sell out on every drop within 2 days so from a business perspective they don’t really have a reason to lower the prices. Def wish I could pick up one of these but i’ll probably hunt one down on a bst later.

4 Likes

I am surprised no one is trying to guess the redacted parts. I guess i will start. There are surprisingly many three letter words in the english language than i first realise.

5 Likes