Uk nationals

are any of you going this weekend?

1 Like

Sadly not this time, cause the position it is a bit out of my pockets.
I will go to the SRC if they do it around September/October.

Have fun guys!

1 Like

I might try and get there. Never seen another yoyoer before, I was starting to think that you’re all figments of my imagination!

1 Like

ditto, never seen in the wild

1 Like

alas! i was disqualified for a naughty word in my music that i didn’t notice :sweat_smile:

was still really fun to compete for the first time though, highly recommended everyone to try a contest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For real?

Yes Alex, I think this is normal everywhere, it happened also at the last Nats I have been, if the music contain swearing you get disqualified, tbh they say this all the time when is time to upload the music, I think this is actually worldwide (I see this happening also in Italy)

Allright. Guess it’s a universal policy. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I find it a bit too much honestly as it is just a song at the end of the day but I think because there are kids in those events and sometimes families and similar so they make it a bit more “friendly”

Kids don’t go crying because of some swearing. Parents just hate explaning to their kids what those words mean. Basically they hate that part of parenting and it’s universally acceptable to coddle those parents.

It’s not much of a problem and I’m not truly bothered by it. I just despise the non-nuanced approach “it contains a word we don’t like so we’re kicking you and all the hard work you put in out”.

2 Likes

Mate, I totally agree with you if I can be honest, I think kids do not care at all, also if it is in a song and also if probably you will hear someone swearing at the contest but too many people get offended easily so they cut it down.

Imagine how much is a pain in my case, I am a non native english speaker and while I am able to speak english fairly well it is still hard for me to get the lyrics in a song, so if I have to pick up a song I have also to analyse the lyrics all the time and be careful not only to swearing but every type of content that is not “politically correct”

for what its worth, i am completely fine with being disqualified they gave plenty of notice and i think my position would have been almost last place anyway :slight_smile:
i went to perform and have fun, not compete
cheers from the crowd where nice and peter kafka was bobbing his head as a judge :slight_smile:

also got to meet some nice people and tried and bought a shutter and a
boundless yoyo designs NIF (my first bimetal)

i tried it and it was so good i had to buy
the guy who designed it was there and i had a nice chat with him, he is a mathematician so was pretty cool to hear his design process

results

1 Like