Two wheels! (the riding bikes thread)

This has reminded me that I need to get my and the wife’s bikes up to snuff. Need a freewheel for my single speed.

2 Likes

My wife and I have British Brompton folding bikes and we love them. They fold down so small you can bring them into restaurants and tuck them under the dining table! You can also fold them halfway and the push them like a shopping cart when grocery shopping! They’re perfect for Santa Monica and don’t feel like you’re riding a compromised bike. Here’s mine:

Here’s a quick gif of how they fold:

a4a1c5e

And a quick trailer with David Millar riding one in the city:

They’re not the kind of bike you’d use for offroading, but for city commuting they’re great.

5 Likes

Troll likes Vintage BMX & Tacos~

6 Likes

Got this trek fx4 sport this summer to get a little excercise in on the local bike trail. its pretty sweet.

6 Likes

Does this count in this thread lol. My kids and I ride dirtbikes constantly and bicycles from time to time. We raced MX for a few years but stopped this year due to so many other activities going on. Definitely a family-oriented sport.
dirtbike12

2 Likes

Karate Monkey, home built with a full Shimano XT 1x12 group with XT straight pull hubs and disc brakes, hand built wheels with DT Swiss. I have been a mountain biker for 40 years and this rigid 29er bike is the most fun I’ve ever had in the mountains. I’m 60 years old and I am faster on this than my yeti

6 Likes

3 Likes

I used to ride trails all the time. I still have my 1987 Wicked Fat Chance in the garage. Unfortunately; it is more of an ornament now. Every ding and dent has a story: Durango, Telluride, Eldora, Crystal Mountain, Moab, Mt. Tam, Eugene, Portland, Seattle, Kettles, Michigan Dunes; been there - rode that.

3 Likes

Thanks! I just love that aesthetic. I actually finished my bike in a similar fashion a few years back, makes it a bit of a sleeper if I need to lock it up outside for a few hours

16 Likes

That fixed-gear looks pretty bad a$$!

3 Likes

That bike is sweet and fixed, looks like an old track bike. What city is this?

4 Likes

I miss my fixie. Converted it to a single speed so I can pull my son in a trailer. He’s almost on his own ride though, so that hub will be flipped back any day now.

4 Likes

Thanks, it’s a 2020 Mercier Kilo TT frameset, rest of the parts are upgraded/aftermarket. I live in NYC, that picture was taken on the waterfront in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (I work right up the street haha).

@adamantiumpops looking forward to your return to the dark side.

5 Likes

I need a new crankset/bottom bracket. Mine is thrashed from me being the second person to learn how a fixie works on it haha. Also it’s the stock State low-end parts. Most other components are already upgraded. This is an old pic, as the bullhorns are long gone lol.

8 Likes

Those parts look very Campy/Campagnolo

4 Likes

The brake caliper is, ripped off an old Raleigh that’s rusting in my garage haha. Had big plans for a conversion then had a baby :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Paging mods to merge our cycling nonsense into Two wheels! (the riding bikes thread) - #28 by Niekro
@vegabomb @YoYoExpertEric

3 Likes

States are great bikes! I had a Black Label and a Contender back in the day, beat the living hell out of them for years. Can’t believe these pics are 8 years old.

(this is my last bike post I’ll shut up now)

8 Likes

Um, maybe we could have all the bike/knife/audio discussions moved to the Unrelated Discussion category?

3 Likes

Ha, never knew this existed :joy: :crazy_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

We definitely need to continue this, in that other thread :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes