Anybody mountain bike?

Just recently got a mountain bike, and boy is it fun. I live in the NWA area so it has some pretty great places to mountain bike. I’m about to build either a dirt jumper or a hardtail, I’m gonna try my friends bike before I decide. Anybody else do this? What’s your favorite trail?

5 Likes

Jug mountain in McCall Idaho is a pretty cool place to ride.

2 Likes

Berm and Ernie looks so fun, 535’ of downhill in just 1 mile, looks so fun.

2 Likes

There’s mountain biking in Compton??

…I’ll see myself out.

10 Likes

Lmao that was good

2 Likes

Yes.

Like a modern-day Sisyphus, I roll up and down a nearby mountain regularly.

3 Likes

Mountain bike? Almost every day that I’m not skiing!

I am expecting this any day! XT with Hydra wheels! I’m keeping my current Evil for a back up.

Favorite trails: Hard to pick a trail, much harder than picking a favorite yoyo. I enjoy lift accessed bike parks and tend to chase more of the enduro/dh terrain. I used to XC but grinding just lacks the adrenaline.

Living in southern Colorado I do spend a lot of time biking Grand Junction, Fruita, Cortez, Dolores, Moab and occasionally Durango.

Here’s a pic of a nice trail I did with some friends, not exciting but nice.

12 Likes

I couldn’t help myself.
I’m sorry.
With freaking lasers!!!

1 Like

Oh yeah! I gotta get some lasers. Maybe the Galaxy 5000 blasters!

2 Likes

Y’all couldn’t even begin to keep up with me

12 Likes

I ride the trails in between Baltimore and Annapolis. Also, rigid is the best way to go!

2 Likes

@William4842 I used to ride those pretty often! Now the only place I usually go is Patapsco.

@100FatYoyoDads Dirt jumpers are awesome, but pretty terrible for general trail riding. If there’s some legit dirt jump lines nearby or you want to ride some street/park on big wheels they’re tons of fun! I assume something geared towards slopestyle would be more versatile though.

Downhill is by far my favorite type of bike riding though. When I lived out west the best part of summer was when all the ski resorts opened back up for riding. I had a Specialized Demo but let it go when I moved back east and had nowhere to really ride it. Part of me wishes I just hung it on a wall to look at because that thing was mean

3 Likes

Is that functional?

1 Like

Is it for sale? That’s the question.

1 Like

Went out to lake leatherwood yesterday, wasn’t the best place because it was practically impossible to get to the top of the mountain without shuttling, so we didn’t get to do much.

Well, used to mountain bike. Had a 2010 Canondale full suspension aluminum framed bike. One of the last made in America. Loved that bike and rode it until a couple years ago when someone broke into the garage and “borrowed” it. Also owned and rode a Mercian, best steel road bike ever made. Bought it in 1982 and also rode it until just a couple years ago too. Finally sold it and my Schwinn Phantom that I fround under my Christmas tree in 1949. Being in my 80’s figured it’d be safer to hang up my cleats.

3 Likes

Not as much as I’d like (too many hobbies lol).
We have great trails in NC. Used to ride 2-3x/week but now I’m lucky to get out once a month. All good though - still plenty of adrenaline in my life.

3 Likes

Currenty its time for Cross Season. But the trails are always a blast when you can go fast. Skyline is an awsome climb.

8 Likes

That’s a pretty dual suspension you got there

1 Like

I’d love to see you cruising around town.

1 Like